VP, Finance (BioCARE) at Blood Systems Incorporated
Posted in Sales 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Tempe, Arizona
The Vice President of Finance will be responsible for all aspects of financial and accounting systems management. This role will provide key leadership in corporate and operational financial functions, including financial and operational control; credit and collections; forecasting and analysis; cash flow; treasury; audit; and taxes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs all assigned duties in compliance with internal SOPs and external regulations. Brings compliance issues to the attention of management.
- Assures quality customer service to all customers.
- Builds, develops and manages finance team capable of carrying out needed initiatives.
- Oversees the company’s transaction processing systems and ensures efficiency and effectiveness.
- Prepare and provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports, and financial trends in order to assist the President and other senior executives in performing their responsibilities. Prepare ad hoc reports as requested.
- Provides strategic guidance around working capital financing options to support company growth needs.
- Maintain relationships with banks and other sources of capital.
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company’s risk profile – pricing, contracts, payment terms, credit practices, execution.
- Constructs and monitors reliable, effective control systems. Ensures that records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Develops financial and tax strategies to enhance cash flow, reduce taxes, and maximize profits.
- Coordinates, prepares and reviews monthly, quarterly and annual reports, budgets, forecasts, tax schedules, returns and information.
- Manages tax planning and compliance with all jurisdictions (federal, state, county, local, etc.) and for all tax types (income, sales/use, payroll, property, etc.).
- Manages cash flow for BioCARE. Monitors cash balances and cash forecasts.
- Interacts with potential venture capital partners and board of directors.
- Performs all other duties, at the discretion of management, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field required.
- Thorough knowledge and application of U.S. GAAP.
- Knowledge and application of federal, state, and local corporate tax laws (including income tax, property tax, and sales/use tax).
- Master’s degree in Business Administration preferred.
Active Certified Public Accountant license preferred.
Ten years of progressive financial management experience required, ideally with some early career experience in a Big 4 or National CPA firm, with later leadership experience in a tightly controlled financial management system in industry.
- Must possess the skills and abilities to successfully perform all assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality.
- Proven ability to integrate within a senior management team as a valued advisor and implementer.
- High energy, personal presence and maturity as components of leadership ability in order to facilitate the best decision-making and values.
- Effective, articulate, and dynamic communicator both written and oral, for multiple audiences.
- Capable of balancing the hands-on tasks of daily and monthly financial reporting and analysis and high level strategic thinking.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with fluctuating priorities and deadlines.
- Highly proficient at working with Excel and other financial tools and systems.
*********************************************************************************************** Blood Systems Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Our organization is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call 1-844-220-2612 to let us know the nature of your request. A representative will respond to accommodation requests within two business days. Please note that this email/phone number is for medical/disability accommodations only and any other inquiries will not receive a response.
All candidates who receive a conditional written offer of employment will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug test in accordance with the Company's established guidelines.