Warehouse Clerk at Diebold, Inc.
Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: north canton, Ohio
As a Warehouse Clerk for Diebold Nixdorf Inc, your responsibilities will include picking, packing and shipping orders in an swift manner using the most economical methods and materials that will get them to our customers in timely manner. You will also be responsible for replenishing storage areas for future issues and make effective use of warehouse space. In addition you will inspect and receive or disposition all material (WIP and finished goods) coming into warehouse facility in an expeditious and accurate manner.
Some essential functions of this position include:
- Unload trucks, check for and note any physical discrepancies on delivery document and move freight to receiving area.
- Open shipments, remove goods, sort and inspect goods for concealed damage and discrepancies in quantity and/or quality.
- Report discrepancies to Quality Control and Material Analysts.
- Post receiving information to receiving documents for use by data entry. Create service parts labels and prepare parts for storage.
- Identify Field Returns by part number, verify accompanying document, determine requirement by use of reports, terminal and god judgment, mark decision blocks on SP101.
- Move received material to storage areas. Print service parts labels and maintain bin locations in computer. Make effective use of space. Considerations: size, shape, weight and how often part is picked.
- Sort and consolidate pick/pack slips by priority, ship code and destination. Pick and count material per order. Bag and include a service parts label for each part number picked. Attach pick/pack to each completed order. Make note of and bring to management's attention any errors, discrepancies or questionable data. An experienced picker should average 250 to 300 line items picked per eight hour shift.
- Consolidate and pack orders in the most economical shipping container and dunnage to provide protection in transit and meet specific carrier and government requirements. Design and build custom packaging for material that is odd shaped or too large for standard containers. An experienced packer will average 45 to 60 line items packed per hour.
- Select and pack order for most economical mode of transportation that will get it to destination on time.
- Weigh truck shipments, create bills of lading. Communicate with carriers for on time pickups, shipping cost estimates, tracing information and provide to staff and field personnel.
- Load outbound carriers and organize shipping area daily as a temporary holding area while packages are accumulated to leave facility.
- Perform general warehouse housekeeping duties daily; ie. sweep floors, parking lot and walkways. Empty trash; gather up skids, empty boxes, banding, plastic, etc. Snow and ice removal in winter time.
- Required to understand and utilize a few screens on the following computer systems: SPINS, SPINS Print Facility (SPOOLER) and P.S. (Purchasing System).
- 1 to 3 years of experience in a warehouse role
- Required to understand and utilize a few screens on the following computer systems: SPINS, SPINS Print Facility (SPOOLER) and P.S. (Purchasing System)
- Prepare for and perform annual physical inventory
- Scrap material as directed by Material Analysts
- Perform preventative maintenance on tape machines, foam-in-place system, etc. Fill batteries on warehouse equipment. Replace ribbons and change paper and labels in printers.
- Begin to learn and handle emergency after hours calls on weekends (Saturday 12:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. and Sunday 11:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.) and holidays.
- Begin to learn to handle international shipments
- Perform cycle count duties
- Participate on Quality Improvement Teams as requested
Diebold Nixdorf, Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, national origin, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.