EG - Logistics Technician 1 at Valassis Manufacturing
Posted in Manufacturing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: DEER PARK, Texas
Valassis is a leader in intelligent media delivery, providing over 15,000 advertisers proven and innovative media solutions to influence consumers wherever they plan, shop, buy and share. By integrating online and offline data combined with powerful insights, Valassis precisely targets its clients’ most valuable shoppers, offering unparalleled reach and scale. We continue to harness the innovative, entrepreneurial spirit on which this $2.3 billion company was built in 1970.
- Logistics Technician 1.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of powered industrial trucks while loading and unloading trucks on the receiving dock.
- Responsible for moving materials to and from the production area and cleanliness of the warehouse.
- Responsible for preparing for shipments out of the facility in accordance with all procedures.
- Post all raw materials movements on the computerized tracking system.
Key Duties / Responsibilities:
- Moves material within and from the warehouse to the production area, and returns finished products to the shipping area.
- Works closely with machine leads and site supervision to manage raw materials, to insure continuous production of finished products.
- Interprets work orders and performs appropriate duties to support production machine changeovers.
- Unloads trucks of raw materials and loads recycling material on trucks in a safe, timely and cost effective manner
- Performs good housekeeping techniques at the job site areas, properly handling paper waste and debris, and the removal of all potential safety hazards from the general area.
- Moves all materials within production area and locates copy.
- Produces in/out reports and completes Problem Material Reports.
- Removes pallets, strapping and packing materials, and moves recycle materials to recycle area.
- Maintains facility by applying Environmental Health & Safety and Good Housekeeping Standards as needed.
- Receives and stores all postal equipment until needed by production.
- Weighs, as required, and places in proper location all finished products following company/department guidelines.
- As required by USPS, completes accurately all required paperwork, to ensure proper loads prior to dispatching trucks.
Education & Knowledge:
- Ability to speak and communicate effectively utilizing the English language, preferred.
- Prefer high school diploma or equivalent.
Experience / Skills / Abilities:
- 0 – 1 year related experience.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Safety certification for power industrial equipment.
Communication & Contacts (Internal/External):
- Communicate with other production team members.
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions:
- Must be able to lift 30 to 50 pounds on a routine basis.
- Bending, stooping, climbing.
Harland Clarke Holdings, to include its affiliated and subsidiary companies (Harland Clarke, Valassis, Scantron, NCP Solutions, NCH Marketing Services, Clipper Magazine), is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants who have disabilities may request that accommodations be made in order to complete the selection process by contacting our Recruiting Coordinator, Kathryn Daugherty at .