EG - Production Technician 1 at Valassis Manufacturing
Posted in Manufacturing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: DEER PARK, Texas
Valassis is a leader in intelligent media delivery, providing over 15,000 advertisers proven and innovative media solutions to influence consumers wherever they plan, shop, buy and share. By integrating online and offline data combined with powerful insights, Valassis precisely targets its clients’ most valuable shoppers, offering unparalleled reach and scale. We continue to harness the innovative, entrepreneurial spirit on which this $2.3 billion company was built in 1970.
- Production Technician 1, 2nd Shift, in Deer Park, TX.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient operation of assigned equipment.
Key Duties / Responsibilities:
- Safely and properly straps and bags materials with proper mail identification addresses, according to established standards and requirements. Demonstrates proficiency through the proper recognition of the printed address label. Recognizes carrier route breaks on finished bundles.
- Checks product to ensure versions and quantities are correct.
- Assures finished goods are properly assembled and instructs material handlers to move product to finish location.
- Cleans and maintains machine area.
- Responsible for quality, output and production goals.
Education & Knowledge:
- Ability to speak and communicate effectively utilizing the English language preferred
- Prefer high school diploma or equivalent education certification
Experience / Skills / Abilities:
- 0 – 1 year related experience
- Ability to multi-task
Communication & Contacts (Internal/External):
- Communicate with team members
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions:
- Lifting 10 to 20 pounds on a regular basis and up to 40 pounds occasionally.
- Bending, Stooping and Climbing as needed.
Harland Clarke Holdings, to include its affiliated and subsidiary companies (Harland Clarke, Valassis, Scantron, NCP Solutions, NCH Marketing Services, Clipper Magazine), is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants who have disabilities may request that accommodations be made in order to complete the selection process by contacting our Recruiting Coordinator, Kathryn Daugherty at .