VP Sales & Operations, Intelligent Asset Tracking at Flex
Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Jose, California
Flex is a leading sketch-to-scale™ solutions company that designs and builds intelligent products for a connected world. With more than 200,000 professionals across 30 countries and a promise to help make the world Live Smarter™, the company provides innovative design, engineering, manufacturing, real-time supply chain insight and logistics services to companies of all sizes in various industries and end-markets. For more information please visit our careers page at www.flex.com.
Industry: Electrical / Electronic Manufacturing
Type: Public Company
Headquarters: 2 Changi South Lane, Singapore, 486123
Company Size: 10,001+ employees
Job DescriptionThe VP of Sales & Operations is responsible for the go-to-market strategy for the Intelligent Asset Tracking business unit. They will drive awareness, develop and systematically manage a pipeline of opportunities, negotiate and close deals to hit the business unit’s targets. In addition, this key leader will be responsible for sales operations, including driving a demand forecast that maximizes opportunities and minimizes excess and obsolescence. This role will be based in San Jose, California.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do…
- Develop and execute the overall go-to-market plan for the Business Unit
- Identify, prospect and develop new strategic alliances with key customers
- Close deals that deliver the Business Unit’s sales and gross margin targets
- Drive high levels of customer satisfaction that deliver growth, high margin and long-term repeat business
- Work collaboratively with and through other business units where target customers overlap or there are synergies that bring greater overall value to Flex and the customer
- Analyze and understand customer’s business strategy, future product plans, expansion activities and align the Business Unit’s product roadmap where mutually beneficial
- Define business priorities through a broad and far vision of market and technology needs, to include initiating and managing business development activities that will strengthen, expand and drive market growth and penetration
- Play a critical role in defining the future product roadmap and portfolio
Here is some of what you’ll need (required)…
- Bachelor’s Degree; engineering or computer science
- 10-15 years’ experience in product companies; IoT and asset tracking
- Relentless focus on achieving sales and gross margin targets
- Proven ability to understand customer needs including unspoken needs and translate them into product requirements
- Proven ability to develop and manage internal and external relationships to results
- Ability to manage shifting priorities and tight deadlines, while working with decentralized teams in an international environment with a sense of urgency
Here are a few examples of what you’ll get for the great work you provide…
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
Job CategorySales - Marketing - Account MgmtFlex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier.