Senior Quality Specialist at JE Dunn Construction
Posted in Construction 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Kansas City, Missouri
Best people + right culture. These are the driving forces behind JE Dunn’s strategy for success. By hiring the best people we can find, giving them interesting and challenging work, and letting them share in the company’s rewards, we’ve found a sustainable way to grow in our industry for the last 90+ years.
JE Dunn believes in providing the best tools for employees to get the job done right. Lean operation processes. Digital document collaboration. LEED-certified, occupant-focused environments. We make sure our workforce is prepared for the job, and we expect the best. Our diverse teams around the country strive to enrich lives through inspired people and places every day, and we need inspired people like you to join us in our pursuit of building perfection.
We have an immediate opening for a Senior Quality Specialist in our Kansas City, MO office. We currently have projects throughout the Midwest and this position will require overnight travel. Candidates who are willing to relocate may be given preference.
The Senior Quality Specialist will complete routine activities to monitor and coordinate the project quality program. This position will be responsible for reviewing document, attending meetings, conducting walk-through inspections and investigating non-compliant conditions. All activities will be performed in support of the strategy, vision and values of JE Dunn.
Autonomy & Decision-Making: Makes decisions on routine matters, provides recommendations to supervisor and refers all exceptions to supervisor.
Career Path: Quality Manager.
Standard Position Job Summary:
Quality Specialist Family - Core
- Assist in planning, implementing and supervising the project quality program.
- Utilizes basic understanding of project Contract Documents.
- Provides coordination and oversight to the site-specific quality control plan.
- Attends pre-planning, pre-installation and progress meetings.
- Monitors subcontractors’ quality programs.
- Conducts regular walk through observations of construction sites to ensure compliance with the contract documents, manufacturers’ instructions and industry standards.
- Investigates non-compliant conditions; confers with supervisor or other Quality team staff members to determine root cause and provide recommendations in work processes to eliminate reoccurrence.
- Utilizes internal quality assurance systems and tools to prepare reports for field superintendents, project managers and subcontractors detailing compliant and non-compliant quality conditions.
- May be assigned as the quality representative on a single project or multiple projects.
- May conduct basic constructability reviews under direct supervision.
Senior Quality Specialist
In addition, this position will be responsible for the following:
Assumes responsibility for conducting detailed constructability reviews and participates in page-turn review meetings.
Performs intermediate quality assurance testing including water, moisture content, material compatibility and adhesion.
Assumes responsibility for basic training onsite or at office location on construction quality-related topics.
Monitors specific and systemic work practices. Identifies documents and recommends solutions to construction quality issues.
Capable of communicating project quality status and issues at project review meetings.
Identifies non-compliant conditions using advanced quality recognition skills.
Provides mentoring to less experienced co-workers in advanced quality-related topics.
- Ability to perform work accurately and completely, and in a timely manner.
- Communication skills, verbal and written (Intermediate).
- Proficiency in MS Office (Intermediate).
- Formal presentation stills (Intermediate).
- Ability to read drawings, specifications, building codes and other technical product and material data (Intermediate).
- Knowledge of material and field-testing for QA processes (Intermediate).
- Knowledge of construction assemblies for a variety of construction systems (Intermediate).
- Knowledge of construction trades and scopes of work (Intermediate).
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate within a team, internally and externally.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelors’ degree in architecture, construction management or related field.
- In lieu of the above requirements, equivalent relevant experience will be considered.
- 5+ years construction quality-related experience.
At JE Dunn, you’ll receive an abundance of resources dedicated to ensuring your success and future development
Whether it’s our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), company wellness program, or modern workspaces, we put the satisfaction of our employees at the forefront of everything we do.
Award-winning benefits package
Named one of Plan Sponsor Magazine’s 2015 Plan Sponsors of the Year, JE Dunn’s employee benefits package ranks among the top of our peer group, meeting and exceeding standard expectations.
Professional training opportunities
Our employee development team works full-time to create growth opportunities across the company. We encourage employees to take command of their own development, and we make sure they have what they need to take that next step.
Corporate and personal involvement in the communities in which we work is simply part of the job--JE Dunn as an organization is proud to donate over 10 percent of our pre-tax earnings to charities around the country each year.
JE Dunn Construction Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. As such, the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a)(7), 41 CFR 60-300.5(a), 41 CFR 60-741.5(a) and 29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A are herein incorporated by reference, if applicable.
These numbers refer to clauses in Executive Order 11246 (41 CFR 60-1), Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act (41 CFR 60-300), Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (41 CFR 60-741), Executive Order 13496 (29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A).
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
EEO Employer W/M/Vet/Disabled