Solutions Engineer, Senior at XPO Logistics Supply Chain Inc
Posted in Software 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Auburn Hills, Michigan
Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, we’re constantly looking for ways to improve, enhance, and adapt in an ever-changing marketplace. As the Solutions Engineer Senior, you will use your engineering and consulting skills to deliver proposal management, completed projects, and engineering/consulting process management. We will equip you with the best tools in the industry to grow and develop to a level that will exceed your expectations and help you reach your career goals.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Provide value propositions by identifying opportunities through rigorous data collection and analysis and crafting marketable solutions for clients
- Identify, propose, and deliver key initiatives that improve the client’s supply chain operations and/or drive efficiency into the team’s internal processes
- Develop and deliver productivity (savings) and engineered solutions (analytics) for the account
- Contribute to the standards around which others will operate
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain, logistics, industrial engineering, manufacturing engineering (or other technical and/or analytical discipline)
- 5 or more years of experience in one or more key functional areas: supply chain management, logistics, decision support systems/technology, transportation management, distribution, or procurement functional responsibilities
- Strong project management skills
- Experience preparing and delivering presentations
- Ability to use various analyses, data mining, and simulations using MS BI, Access and Excel to identify and scope opportunities within the customer’s supply chain
- Ability to collect and analyze data for modeling, network optimization and/or supply chain redesign purposes
It’d be great if you also have:
- Previous experience with ILOG, Supply Chain Guru or data modeling
- Lean manufacturing experience
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oréal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time-to-time, as needed.