Electrical Professional, Multi-brand at Vestas-American Wind Technology
Posted in Installation - Maint - Repair 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Portland, Oregon
Are you an electrical professional with GE 1.X turbine experience? Do you have at least 5 years of troubleshooting experience with GE platforms? Do you enjoy collaborating internationally? Are you a self-starter who is able to work independently? Would you enjoy working remotely (i.e. from home)? If this sounds interesting, then please keep on reading! As Vestas grows into new markets, we are looking for strong leaders to help manage new opportunities. We are looking to accelerate innovation through the development of our employee's skills and talents. GE, Field Technician - Electrical Organization
GE, Field Technician - Electrical
OrganizationVestas American Wind Technology
Global Service /Multi-brand Engineering Responsibilities:
Technical Operation and Support (TOS) – Multi-brand Development is globally responsible for the new development of documentation for new WTG platforms regarding global service organization. Multi-brand Development is responsible for developing of know-how, which is required to support the global sub departments. The Technical Lead Team provides know-how as well as resources to enable developing the required documentation. Also the Technical Lead Team supports the Platform Development Specialists in developing new WTG Platforms. Technical Lead Team additionally supports other interfaces within TOS and Global Service (e.g. Training Department). Within Technical Lead Team all required documentation is drafted, created, reviewed and approved.
- Ability to steer, control and regulate the GE ESS turbines.
- Knowledge and troubleshooting experience on electrical components of GE ESS turbines.
- Ability to create documentation for the electrical infrastructure and components.
- Competence of GE ESS bug / fault treatment, especially on electrical hardware.
- Readiness to apply special knowledge to other electrical turbine components.
- Readiness to transfer knowledge (training on the job of colleagues, preparing of work instructions, supporting training dept.)
- Review of work instructions, perform project site observations with minimum assistance
- Ability to provide support to the technical writers and the technical sourcing team.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Electrical Engineering (Mechanical, Aerospace, or Structural)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in working on electrical components of GE ESS WTG.
- Trained on the electrical components of GE ESS WTG (i.e. supplier training, in-house training, etc.)
- Well organized and demonstrated project management skills.
- Proven experience on global process improvement projects.
- Customer Service mindset for both internal & external customers.
- Strong PC computer skills (MS Office) required, MS Office – Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks concurrently.
- Ability to establish cross functional relationships, decision making and matrix organizations.
- Proven ability to achieve high level results through continuous improvement methodology.
- Excellent communication skills, team player, highly motivated self-starter, and can build relationships at all organizational levels.
- Travel required and up to 30% of time; possess or be eligible to obtain passport for travel.
As a member of the Vestas team, we offer a competitive salary and one of the most comprehensive benefits plans in the industry. Among the many amenities we offer: healthcare; dental; vision; paid time off (PTO); generous 401(k) plan; tuition assistance; and much more
It is the policy of Vestas to afford equal employment opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, color, gender, or national origin, and to afford equal opportunity to veterans and individuals with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial, or local law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative within the People & Culture department.
This position is located remotely within the US and will require 30% travel.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 83 GW of wind turbines in 75 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 73 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 22,000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.