Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Job ID: 10717
The AMETEK Hamilton Precision Metals plant custom re-roll precision metal strip and foil, including titanium, nickel and nickel-based alloys, stainless steel and super alloys with applications in medical, aerospace, electronics, process control among others.
AMETEK, Inc. has openings for Cleaners at their Lancaster, PA plant. The salary for this position starts at $16.31/ hour, with shift premium option available.
* Operating strip-cleaning machines. Clean strip in a satisfactory manner, observing material closely in order to identify and prevent (if possible) creases, buckles, coil set, damaged edges, scratches and various flaws or edge cracks.
* Materials include various metals at various thicknesses, width and tempers. Materials being cleaned are being removed from either mill blocks or various types of cores.
* Respooling of metals, especially for visual inspection of entire lengths of coils.
* Blocking of metals, which is tight and uniform spooling of various metals onto mill blocks for rolling operations.
• Must be comfortable working in a unionized, multi-machine job shop environment.
• Individuals should have experience working with metal alloy material.
• Experience working with grinding, mills, slitting, and cleaning machinery preferred.
• Individual must be willing to work on varying shifts and on weekends if needed.
• Understanding that work orders are set-up and run specific to customer needs and require attention to detail.
• Individual must have a high school diploma or GED certification.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.