at San Francisco
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Francisco, California
Fuel your intellectual curiosity and professional growth. Forrester is an idea company, where smart, motivated, curious people bring a diversity of opinions and the courage of their convictions to collaborate on ideas that change the course of business. Most of all, they bring a point of view; here, every voice has value. At Forrester, you’ll work with innovative clients at emerging and established brands; these are the business and technology leaders we inspire and who inspire us. The Forrester experience is built on a singular, powerful purpose: to challenge thinking and lead change.
About This Role:
The B2B Technology Vertical Sector Lead position has four primary responsibilities: 1) vertical/sector leadership; 2) business development; 3) engagement pursuit; and 4) delivery. The ideal candidate has direct experience of developing and delivering go-to-market strategy and execution — persona creation, customer analysis/voice of the customer, message development, positioning, sales enablement, and digital marketing — and/or marketing strategy consulting engagements at B2B technology companies. She or he has a track record of success partnering with peers and colleagues to assemble the optimal team to solve the client’s key challenges.
- Aggregate, synthesize, and share Forrester’s B2B expertise across all consulting activities in the defined sector.
- Develop relationships with defined B2B clients (primarily technology vendors), industry associations, and beyond to support business development and the successful delivery of engagements that span Forrester Consulting’s capabilities.
- Engage in all pursuits at designated sector accounts and support, as needed, all other in-sector scoping and solution architecture efforts.
- Lead engagements at designated sector accounts and/or provide sector delivery expertise to other delivery teams.
- A combined minimum of eight to 10 years of management consulting experience and three-plus years of industry/sector-specific experience.
- Experience with technology product and marketing strategy and execution.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve key performance metrics at the individual and team level, such as revenue and profit targets.
- Experience coaching, guiding, and influencing senior-level business executives.
- Experience preparing deliverables for clients; owning and delivering the finished product; and taking the outputs of workshops and creating client-facing deliverables.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, especially leading workshops as well as presenting to and interacting with senior and C-level executives.
- Formal project management experience or training.
- An appreciation for and strong skills in producing high-quality deliverables.
- Strong analytical capabilities.
- Demonstrable experience in management consulting, business development, delivery and interaction tradecraft, and successful engagement delivery with teams.
- The ability to collaborate effectively and productively with others in high-pressure sales situations.
- Experience working with subject matter experts with deep content knowledge.
- Entrepreneurial experience.
- A strong academic record of achievement; an MBA is strongly preferred.
- The ability to travel up to 10 days per month.
Explore #ForresterLife on:
Forrester Research, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans are especially encouraged to apply.
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.