Event Sales Rep at Cambridge
Posted in Sales 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
Fuel your intellectual curiosity and professional growth. Forrester is an idea company, where smart, motivated, curious people bring a diversity of opinions and the courage of their convictions to collaborate on ideas that change the course of business. Most of all, bring a point of view; here, every voice has value. At Forrester, you’ll work with innovative clients at emerging and established brands; these are the business and technology leaders we inspire and who inspire us. The Forrester experience is built on a singular, powerful purpose: to challenge thinking and lead change.
About This Role:
The Event Sales Representative contacts high-level executives from Fortune 100 companies to explain the value proposition of attending a Forrester event. The Event Sales Representative is responsible for achieving specific revenue goals on a monthly basis and works as a member of a team to achieve attendance targets. Additionally, you will support the event sponsorship sales team and the director of sales for events to identify new opportunities and opportunities within named prospects. This is a high-volume telephone and email contact environment that requires strong organizational capabilities, attention to detail, initiative, and a desire to work as part of a team.
- Sell seats for Forrester events in an assigned territory against an established monthly sales quota.
- Follow up with prospects and clients who have received marketing materials for Forrester events.
- Demonstrate the value of attending an event to prospects, and complete the registration process.
- Record all information pertinent to event attendance in the internal customer database.
- Work as an active team member to ensure the sellout of each Forrester event.
- Gain the sales skills necessary to advance within the organization.
- Make 50 calls a day.
- Perform name and organizational development at named accounts for prospective attendees.
- Execute prospecting email campaigns that yield sponsorship meetings.
- Support sponsorship representatives who sell to and maintain relationships with technology marketing, analyst relations, and other C-level professionals.
- Perform name and organizational development at named accounts.
- Research competitor websites for new sponsorship prospects.
- Experience in telesales, fundraising, customer service, or other sales experience.
- Executive-level phone skills and the ability to make approximately 25-50 phone calls a day.
- A professional attitude and the ability to interact with senior-level executives (e.g., CIO, CFO, and VP).
- An enthusiasm for and focus on meeting goals.
- An attention to detail.
- Strong follow-up skills and the ability to work on multiple projects.
- Computer literacy.
- Familiarity with Salesforce or other CRM systems.
- Strong writing skills.
Explore #ForresterLife on:
Forrester Research, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans are especially encouraged to apply.
The information provided by you in this application will be used for the purposes of recruitment and, for successful applicants only, for personnel administration and management purposes and to comply with the employer’s obligations regarding the retention of employee records. If your application is unsuccessful, Forrester Research, Inc., its subsidiaries, affiliates, and/or service providers (collectively “Forrester”) will retain your personal information on secure file solely to consider you for future recruitment opportunities.
By submitting your resume/CV, you consent to Forrester’s retention of the information provided on a secure file for personnel administration and management purposes and/or in order to consider you for future employment opportunities and to the transfer of the information provided to:
Forrester’s offices in the US and other countries outside the European Economic Area; and Service providers engaged by Forrester for the purposes of processing applications for employment who may be located outside the European Economic Area.