Product Designer at Wilton Industries, Inc.
Posted in Design 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Kansas City, Missouri
Wilton Brands LLC (“Wilton”) has a portfolio of iconic brands and is the leading supplier in the U.S. Crafts Industry. These brands help families successfully celebrate life’s many occasions, express their creativity through crafts, encourage them to share with their families and friends, and capture their meaningful and lasting memories. Wilton operates through two divisions, Wilton Enterprises and EK Success which are leaders in their respective categories. Learn more about Wilton at http://www.wilton.com.
EK Success has an exciting and challenging opportunity for a Product Designer located in our Kansas City office. The Product Designer researches current trends, contributes original product designs and illustrations, completes artwork for product production, and performs other duties as assigned. The Product Designer will work under the general supervision of the Creative Director.
• Design and illustrate complete product lines from concept development to final product production through the direction of a Creative Director or Art Director
• Provide material specifications for product development and pricing
• Provide presentation materials, product and packaging mockups, concept boards and other materials for new product concept reviews, sales pitches, product launches and trade shows
• Meet artwork and presentation deadlines
• Interact and communicate with licensed artists, suppliers and freelancers
• Possess creative problem solving ability in order to effectively deal with challenges that arise while developing a product line
• Demonstrate ability to work with other departments within the company to ensure a quality product that can be designed and sold at a competitive price
• Maintain quality of product by reviewing artwork for content, accuracy and neatness as dictated by the department’s Product Specifications Manual
• Develop an in-depth understanding of our key customer’s needs
• Review competitive products and actively contribute to brainstorm sessions to concept new product lines, product formats and materials
• Create original Social Media content every month for EK Success Brands Instagram & Facebook accounts
• A minimum of BS/BFA/Associate degree in the art field or equivalent experience of 2-3 years in the creative-technical field is required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Proficiency with CS6 & Adobe Creative Cloud, InDesign, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
• Excellent illustration and computer graphic skills
• Demonstrate ability to execute and communicate creative vision
• Must possess ability for creative problem solving and logical, organized reasoning in order to complete assignments
• Demonstrate ability to meet project deadlines and successfully manage multiple priorities
• Possess ability to submit creative input on demand
• Photography skills are desired, not required
Wilton Brands LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer. We attract and retain the best qualified people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, individuals with disability or veteran status as provided by law. Wilton Brands LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.