Data Product Expert at San Francisco
Posted in Sales 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Francisco, California
Fuel your intellectual curiosity and professional growth. Forrester is an idea company, where smart, motivated, curious people bring a diversity of opinions and the courage of their convictions to collaborate on ideas that change the course of business. Most of all, bring a point of view; here, every voice has value. At Forrester, you’ll work with innovative clients at emerging and established brands; these are the business and technology leaders we inspire and who inspire us. The Forrester experience is built on a singular, powerful purpose: to challenge thinking and lead change.
About this Role:
The Data Product Expert is responsible for partnering with Forrester’s direct sales organization to generate new and enrichment opportunities for our syndicated and custom data products, align them with client business goals, negotiate final terms and conditions, and close business. This position requires a successful sales track record and strong communication and collaboration skills, as it involves working with a broad cross-section of Forrester’s sales representatives, data insights team, clients, and prospects.
- Plan and execute against an assigned quota within a defined territory, maintain an appropriate sales pipeline, and produce accurate and timely business forecasts based on your activities.
- Promote data products within the sales force; be the trusted data specialist and create business.
- Work directly with the data insights team to identify client needs and map their business challenges to Forrester’s capabilities.
- Develop and present customized value propositions based on identified prospect needs and promote our syndicated and custom data solutions to potential clients.
- Lead client communications during proposal walk-through discussions and drive the client decision process to closure.
- Successful sales experience in complex sales environments.
- Experience selling consumer/business data or data services to marketing and strategy executives at large corporations.
- A successful track record of driving sales of primary or syndicated market research data or services, including creating and identifying business opportunities, developing and winning business, and working through the client’s procurement process.
- Familiarity with the language and fundamentals of market research, including offline versus online survey panels, household versus individual samples, and primary versus syndicated research benefits.
- Superior communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to sell externally as well as internally.
- Strong communication and presentation skills for both internal and external clients.
- Effective organization and time management skills.
- The ability to collaborate across multiple internal organizations to meet the needs of the client.
- A B.S./B.A. degree.
- A willingness to travel as needed.
Explore #ForresterLife on:
Forrester Research, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans are especially encouraged to apply.