Benefits Specialist at Cambridge
Posted in Human Resources 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
Fuel your intellectual curiosity and professional growth. Forrester is an idea company, where smart, motivated, curious people bring a diversity of opinions and the courage of their convictions to collaborate on ideas that change the course of business. Most of all, bring a point of view; here, every voice has value. At Forrester, you’ll work with innovative clients at emerging and established brands; these are the business and technology leaders we inspire and who inspire us. The Forrester experience is built on a singular, powerful purpose: to challenge thinking and lead change.
About This Role:
As a member of the HR resource center, the Benefits Specialist is responsible for the daily benefit operations of the company programs for North America by providing exceptional customer service, improving existing programs, providing employee education, and ensuring compliance with government regulations, in addition to monitoring the overall administration of each benefit plan.
The Benefits Specialist will collaborate effectively with the HR resource center team by answering employees’ questions and providing benefits expertise to the team.
The position reports to the senior manager of the HR resource center.
- Lead the end-to-end administration of all employee benefit plans for North America (such as group health, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, and flexible spending plans).
- Maintain accurate employee benefit records.
- Ensure applicable Employee Experience documents, systems, and processes are updated appropriately and regularly.
- Assist employees with benefits questions and consult with appropriate vendors and/or external benefit consultants to resolve employee issues.
- Conduct benefits orientation sessions for new hires and follow up on applicable paperwork.
- Design and distribute easy-to-understand, user-friendly communication materials for orientations and our company intranet.
- Work cross-functionally with other colleagues to deliver exceptional customer service and deliverables such as open enrollment communication. Build cohesive interdepartmental relationships.
- Review and maintain proper coverage for employees (i.e., enrollments, changes, COBRA, etc.).
- Manage open enrollment, new hires, life events, and processes.
- Build and manage relationships with third-party benefits providers, brokers, administrators, and internal payroll teams.
- Recommend benefit programs to management by identifying employee requirements and industry trends.
- Make recommendations to management on process improvement, plan design, integration/implementation, and funding options, and identify opportunities to reduce program and/or vendor expenses. Ensure compliance with new government rules and regulations relating to employee benefits.
- Complete annual compliance filing.
- Process and administer all leave-of-absence requests and disability paperwork: medical, personal, disability, and FMLA.
- Collaborate extensively with other departments to support the FMLA program and regulations.
- Gather employee data and manage the processing of monthly billings to include reconciliation, investigating discrepancies, and providing information to resolve situations.
- Serve as a point of contact for plan vendors and third-party administrators.
- Participate in benefit surveys to collect and analyze competitive information to determine the company's competitive position.
- Minimum of two years of experience in employee benefits administration required.
- College degree in human resources or related studies preferred.
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to form strong business relationships internally and externally.
- A customer service focus: ability to listen, critically evaluate situations, and generate win-win solutions.
- Proven ability to maintain total confidentiality of employee information.
- Ability to manage and prioritize several complex projects simultaneously under tight deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office tools.
- Excellent communicator both verbally and through writing.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- High level of ownership, follow through, and reliability.
- Knowledge of benefit contract language and plan designs, all pertinent federal and state regulations, and filing and compliance requirements — both adopted and pending — affecting employee benefits programs, including ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, ADA, Section 125, workers’ compensation, Medicare, and Social Security and DOL requirements.
Explore #ForresterLife on:
Forrester Research, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to equal employment opportunity for all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, genetic information, military service, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. Minorities, Women, Individuals with Disabilities, and Veterans are especially encouraged to apply.
The information provided by you in this application will be used for the purposes of recruitment and, for successful applicants only, for personnel administration and management purposes and to comply with the employer’s obligations regarding the retention of employee records. If your application is unsuccessful, Forrester Research, Inc., its subsidiaries, affiliates, and/or service providers (collectively “Forrester”) will retain your personal information on secure file solely to consider you for future recruitment opportunities.
By submitting your resume/CV, you consent to Forrester’s retention of the information provided on a secure file for personnel administration and management purposes and/or in order to consider you for future employment opportunities and to the transfer of the information provided to:
Forrester’s offices in the US and other countries outside the European Economic Area; and Service providers engaged by Forrester for the purposes of processing applications for employment who may be located outside the European Economic Area.