Sports Physical Therapy Resident at University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics
Posted in Health Care 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Join the #1 hospital in Wisconsin as a Sports Physical Therapy Resident!
The mission of the UW Health Sports Physical Therapy Residency Program is to foster and augment advanced development of superior practitioners of sports rehabilitation who are leaders, scholars, clinicians and future educators. This residency will focus on case-based learning, sport-specific biomechanics and return to play decision-making that is patient-centered and evidence-based. The program will prepare the resident by utilizing:
- Experience in patient care
- Didactic education, independent study, journal clubs
- Analysis of applicable scientific and physical therapy literature
- Observation of surgical procedures and physician clinics
- Event coverage on-field or in training room
- Presentations to staff and physical therapy interns
Minimum - Bachelor of science or Master of science degree from an accredited institution in physical therapy.
Licenses and Certifications:
Minimum - The incumbent must be licensed or eligible for licensure as a physical therapist in the state of Wisconsin. Also must be certified athletic trainer or EMT or have taken an approved Emergency Responder course.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- The physical therapist must demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to within an age scope to include child, adolescent, adult, and geriatric populations served on his or her assigned unit.
- The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment and to collaborate with a variety of professionals.
Medium: Ability to lift up to 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
Full-Time; 40 per week for one year residency. Schedules will vary based off outreach coverage and learning. Hours will range between 7:00 am - 7:00 pm; Monday - Friday and every other Saturday.
Residents will rotate between UW Health at The American Center and UW Health Research Park Clinic.
UW Health Research Park Clinic on Madison’s west side, is an 84,000-square foot facility housing physician and rehabilitation professionals in Cardiology, Integrative Medicine, Orthopedics, Radiology, Spine and Sports Medicine. Our Fitness Center provides a resource for both working with patients while under our care and providing education after discharge. This environment creates many opportunities for face-to-face collaboration in the care of our patients.
UW Health at The American Center – on Madison’s east side – is UW Health’s newest hospital and one of the most advanced hospitals and wellness centers in the country. Here, health care is seen as a holistic endeavor where our mission is to not only diagnose and treat you when you’re sick, but also to partner with you in health and wellness.
Learn more about this opening
UW Health values and embraces diversity and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.