SAFETY COORDINATOR at Optimized Process Designs, LLC
Posted in Health Care 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Baytown, Texas
Optimized Process Designs, LLC (OPD) is a name in the natural gas industry that has become synonymous with quality design and construction, competitive pricing, and on time delivery of processing, treating, and compression facilities.
Incorporated in 1980, OPD is still managed by its original founders whose reputation for honesty, integrity and technical excellence is unmatched in the industry. Although generally thought of as a smaller E & C firm, OPD has successfully completed several projects in excess of $500MM on a turnkey basis. In 1997, OPD became a Koch Chemical Technology Group company, which further enhanced OPD's reputation and increased its financial strength.
OPD has a key advantage in being able to supply construction services, as well as engineering/procurement. This enables clients to have a ''one stop shop'' for the overall project, providing increased efficiency and avoiding potential interface problems. OPD's industry experience, flexibility, and personal attention have made us a preferred vendor with our clients. Our tight knit, highly productive, team atmosphere makes OPD a great place to work. This environment has allowed us to attract and maintain exceptional employees and build long lasting client relationships, which will help to ensure our long term business success.
The purpose of the Safety Training Facilitator is to deliver training to all employee groups. The Facilitator is integral in the onboarding of new employees and is responsible for providing necessary training, development and coaching to advance the overall safety performance of the company.
Summary of Duties:
- Organizes and prepares the delivery of training and learning environment preparation.
- Uses established content to deliver construction-related safety training.
- Manages classroom, including attendance tracking & maintains a safe learning environment.
- Responsible for partnering with HR & sits leaders on employee issues and/or concerns (e.g., on-boarding questions, code of conduct, etc.)
- Responsible for ensuring new employees complete new hire orientation training as required.
- Responds to business process and tool changes to ensure effective delivery of content.
- Reviews course evaluations and implements improvements or makes suggestions for improvements based on results.
- Completes administrative responsibilities in a timely and accurate manner, including records of training activity
- Establishes communication with Sub-contractors’ manager to ensure site specific orientation is planned for and delivered timely.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year College or technical school; or equivalent training, education and experience.
- 3 or more years’ experience delivering formal presentations and/or training content
- Understanding of adult learning methods
- Ability to interpret evaluation results/feedback and adjust to improve performance
- Experience coaching others using cooperative coaching methods
- Demonstrates adaptability by responding to changing situations and priorities in a positive way
- Builds and sustains relationships with co-workers at all levels in the organization
- Effectively manages time and priorities, follows through on commitments
- Bilingual – English/Spanish
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf