Capital Project Manager at Georgia- Pacific
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Perdue Hill, Alabama
Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
CAPITAL PROJECT MANAGER – Alabama River Cellulose LLC
As one of six world-class mills in the GP Cellulose business, Alabama River Cellulose produces specialty fluff and market pulp delivered worldwide to customers for a variety of high-end used and converting technologies. Our products are used in applications ranging from paper products to diapers and hygiene products as well as specialty applications including textiles, pharmaceuticals, food, paints and plastic molding components.
Georgia-Pacific (GP) creates long-term value by using resources efficiently to provide innovative products and solutions that meet the needs of customers and society, while operating in a manner that is environmentally and socially responsible, and economically sound. Headquartered in Atlanta, GP is one of the world’s leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose and related chemicals. The company employs more than 30,000 people at approximately 300 locations in North and South America.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
The Capital Project Manager (CPM) will manage all phases of capital and extraordinary maintenance projects at the GP Alabama River Cellulose mill for projects ranging in cost up to $5MM. An experienced CPM may be requested to lead projects in excess of $5MM. The CPM is responsible for the execution of multiple, concurrent projects. The CPM must ensure efficient and effective deployment of capital while meeting or exceeding GP compliance, ethics, environmental, health, and safety standards. Specifically:
- Develop a thorough understanding of GP standards gained through personal study, through participation in available training and through asking questions when unsure.
- Support area leaders in the development and prioritization of projects (capital planning).
- Drive innovation through staying abreast of leading technology and industry trends. Share knowledge with peers within the company.
- Lead project teams and outside engineering firms in the development of clear, concise scopes of work, cost estimates, and detailed project schedules.
- Maximize decision-maker understanding of scope, cost, and schedule through the presentation of thorough and well-documented appropriation requests.
- Manage the construction, commissioning and start-up phases of the project through interaction with mill construction management, maintenance, and operations personnel with safety as the top priority.
Occasional weekend and night work will be required to support mill and capital project needs. Occasional travel will be required to interface with engineering firms, equipment vendors, contractors, and colleagues at other GP facilities.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering or related technical field AND a minimum of 3 years of experience in heavy industry (e.g. pulp and paper, petroleum, chemical, mining and steel).
- Experience with Microsoft Office software applications Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
What Will Put You Ahead?
- 5 or more years of experience in the pulp and paper manufacturing industry
- Experience with Microsoft Office software application Project and Autodesk software application AutoCAD
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf