at GEO Corrections & Detentions (A GEO Company)
Posted in Health Care 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by CareerBuilder
Location: Conroe, Texas
A world of opportunities awaits you!
Records Clerks, isn't it time to find the kind of opportunity that truly challenge you to use the skills you've worked so hard to build? We can help!
We are a leader in our industry. We ensure our employees a stable career, competitive benefits and a diversified range of employment. With us, there's no telling how far you'll go. Now's the time to start your journey!
Records Clerk (Clerical / Office / Administrative) Job Responsibilities
As our Records Clerk, you will be providing clerical support related to maintaining accurate records for the facility. Due to the sensitivity of this position, you will need to exercise discretion and confidentiality related to the work performed.
Additional responsibilities include:
Records Clerk (Clerical / Office / Administrative)
- Performing data entry and maintenance of computer files
- Collecting and reviewing all pertinent documents associated with the legal transfer of detainees
- Maintaining the detainee record for each new detainee that arrives at the facility; updating files as required
- Developing and submitting required reports relative to the facility detainee file system, as well as other reports as required
- Auditing the detainee file pursuant to facility policy
- Preparing detainee files for the release of detainee
- Assisting in the detainee release process as required
- Assisting in maintaining facility security, especially in area of responsibility and promptly reporting any violations or security hazards to appropriate supervisory staff
- Adhering to company policies, procedures and specific facility regulations including posted special orders and instructions
- Maintaining strict control of all equipment and supplies used in performance of duty especially those items that could be used for illicit purposes
As our Records Clerk with an administrative background, you must have the ability to understand and carry out moderately complex oral and written instructions and to make minor decisions in accordance with rules and regulations as they apply to work problems. In addition, you need the ability to maintain company records and to meet and deal effectively with the public and inmates.
Additional requirements include:
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- Demonstrated experience in office procedures and related clerical duties
- Ability to interact in a professional manner in both individual and group settings
- Ability to work with a team of inmates and have the ability to implement team strategy approaches to work assignments
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department
Records Clerk (Clerical /Office / Administrative)
You will be part of a stable, established and yet still growing organization with a great deal of diversification, which will present you with a range of different challenges. Since we do prefer to promote from within, you will have opportunities to move to other facilities, as well as to different divisions within the company. We value your hard work and professional dedication and will reward you with a competitive compensation package that includes full benefits.
Your world of opportunities begins here! Apply today! Records Clerk (Clerical / Office / Administrative)
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
- Term life insurance (includes spouse and dependents)
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Flexible spending account
- Stock purchase program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Legal program - Legal Club of America
- Paid time off
- Direct deposit
- Theme park and attraction discounts
Equal Opportunity Employer
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.