Driver - Jerome at LTI, Inc.
Posted in Drivers 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Jerome, Idaho
LTI, Inc./Milky Way is a family-owned company with a long, proud history that has become a modern, innovative leader in the transportation industry. We are looking for great people to join our team today!
- We offer local work with established routes which allow you to be home every day.
- We recognize your documented safe driving history and pay .10/hour above base rate for each year of safe driving you have already earned.
- We offer a Driver Incentive that rewards efficient drivers with up to an additional $1.00 per hour above base pay depending on performance.
- We offer an excellent health and welfare package that includes medical, dental & vision insurance, life insurance, a 401(k) Plan and a Defined Contribution Retirement Plan.
- Our drivers have paid holidays and vacation.
- We are a well-established company with decades of providing our customers with outstanding service and dedication.
- We have expertly maintained equipment with state of the art conveniences.
- Do you have one to three months related experience and/or training? Do you have a Valid Class A CDL with Air, Doubles, and Tanker endorsements? If so, contact us! We are located in Washington, Oregon, Idaho & Montana, with terminals in Lynden, Seattle, Olympia, Chehalis, Vancouver, Sunnyside, Yakima, Pasco, Moses Lake, George, Spokane, McMinnville, Klamath Falls, Roseburg, Tangent, Boardman, Jerome, Caldwell and Bozeman.
Background checks and a negative drug test are mandatory for employment.
LTI, INC.IS AN EQUAL-OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
LTI, INC. IS PROUD TO HIRE VETERANS OF ALL BRANCHES OF OUR ARMED FORCES. VETERANS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Drives truck to destination. Prepares receipts for load picked up and delivered as well as corresponding time sheet.
Inspects truck, truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, fuel, oil and water, for defects before and after trips and submits report indicating truck condition. Fuels, lubricates, and repairs when necessary. Maintains truck cleanliness.
Inspects exterior of equipment for cleanliness and exterior for leaks or damages.
Maintains driver log according to I.C.C., state and federal regulations.
Maintains safe telephone or radio contact with supervisor to receive pick up and delivery instructions.
Performs emergency roadside duties such as installing tire chains, changing fuses or light bulbs. Possesses mechanical aptitude necessary to determine plan of action in emergency situations.
May be required to hook and unhook trailers as well as crank landing gear.
Steers, moves levers with hands and feet, shifts gears, and presses pedals to drive and control movement of truck and other equipment. Climbs ladder on tank trailers as necessary.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the physical ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
One to three months related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of training and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Employee needs ability to write simple correspondence and to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, percentages and to draw /interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding in carrying out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Employee must meet Department of Transportation requirements. They must have a CDL with Class A Air, Doubles, and Tanker endorsements.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Good public relations skills are a must.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Employee will seldom be required to lift up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to vibration. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts; in high, precarious places and in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, and risk of electrical shock. The employee works with and near toxic and caustic chemicals such as chlorine and cleaning solutions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately loud.