2nd Shift Bulk Cheese Handler
at Great Lakes Cheese
Posted in Manufacturing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Plymouth, Wisconsin
As a family owned business with a long-term focus on growth and stability, we are committed to you, our dedicated employee. Our environment of open communication, integrity, and mutual respect encourages everyone to go beyond what is expected.
The Bulk Cheese Handler prepares product and cutting to meet customer specifications in compliance with company policy related to GMP’s and Safety.
- Maintain and clean area, equipment, and personal sanitation.
- De-box/unwrap cheese from original packaging.
- Weigh cheese when applicable.
- Manual Measurement and countdown of cheese needed for customer and order specs.
- Inspect/clean cheese.
- Maintain accurate production records.
- Keep line stocked with product to assure no down time.
- Operate cutters and lifting equipment.
- Load cheese into machines / onto equipment for further processing.
- Pack and seal trim.
- Productive use of down time.
- Review order specifications to perform quality checks against customer orders.
- Direct/communicate to line personnel on order specifications and quality issues.
- Enter data on production reports.
- Communicate to line personnel on safety issues.
- Perform handheld functions using a handheld scanner.
- Operate a manual pallet jack.
- Ability to rotate to all lines all Bulk positions.
- Disassembly and assembly of equipment.
- Understand the calibration of assigned equipment.
- Troubleshoot for the technical and mechanical functions of the assigned positions.
- All GLC employees are expected to perform any assignment or job task according to the stated safety policies and procedures.
- All GLC employees are expected to produce and promote our products and services in a manner that exceeds the quality and value expectation of our customers and consumers by adhering to Good Manufacturing Practices, Policies and Procedures outlined in our Safe Quality Food Program.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the manager.
Required Education, Experience, and Skills
- High School diploma or GED.
- Basic understanding of manufacturing processes and related equipment.
- Ability to make minor decisions based on standard practices.
- Ability to read, prepare, and comprehend production reports and worksheets.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to communicate with line personnel regarding information contained therein, and regarding quality and safety issues.
Preferred Education, Experience, and Skills
- Ability to promote teamwork and function within the framework of the team.
- MES experience.
- SAP experience.
- Basic computer skills.
- Repetitive work in a fast-paced production environment with average temperature of 50-60 degrees F.
- Hair nets, ear plugs/muffs, hardhats, and/or safety glasses may be required.
- Ability to frequently handle material from floor-to-waist, waist-to-shoulder and pushing/pulling/carrying.
- Ability to constantly stand/walk; bend/flex/extend neck; frequently grip/reach/lift/pull with L/R hands.
- Product weight: up to 100 lbs.
Great Lakes Cheese is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.