Driver/Inventory Worker - 8441 at EmpirecatP
Posted in Drivers 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Escondido, California
Requisition #: 8441
Shift : 1
Start Time : 9:00 am
End Time : 5:00 pm
Schedule Days : Monday - Friday
Position Status: Full Time (40 hrs week)
Make all parts delivery runs as scheduled. Pick up and deliver material. Maintain and operate delivery vehicles in a safe and considerate manner. Comply with all traffic laws and regulations. Maintain Parts Inventory at client sites to meet clients’ established requirements. Maintain Empire's integrity and ethical standards.
Essential Functions & Additional Responsibilities
- Acknowledges clients. Demonstrates superior client relations and interdepartmental cooperation skills.
- Maintains assigned company vehicle(s) including pre and post inspection reports.
- Makes scheduled parts runs and delivers all items to their proper destinations. Distribute parts to clients.
- Operates vehicles in a safe and legal manner.
- Makes pickups at various locations. Operates forklifts and stocker picker. Maintains state and federal training certificates for mine safety and site specific training.
- Receives credit return parts and exchange cores from clients.
- Assists in loading or unloading the trucks. Ensures all loads are properly prepared, loaded and secured to avoid shifting, loosening, or falling while en route.
- Works safely at all times. Adheres to all applicable safety policies. Complies with all company policies, procedures and standards.
- Maintains company equipment by checking fuel, oil, water, tires etc. on truck and equipment before starting.
- All equipment is kept clean and maintained. Reports hauling equipment operation trouble to the office.
- Keeps driver license current. Notifies supervisor of any driver license problems within one day.
- Ensures all required paperwork is properly completed within applicable time deadlines.
- Inputs data and parts information into Empire systems.
- Works extra hours and scheduled days off up to the limit permissible when requested by supervisor.
- Pulls client orders as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must accomplish training and serve as a Green Belt in support of EMPIRE's Six Sigma program.
- Work within and promote corporate values.
- Clean and current driving and safety record for the past 12 months.
Skills & Abilities
Interpersonal skills sufficient to communicate verbally and in writing with others in an objective and cooperative manner.
Able to perform basic routine mathematical calculations.
Able to satisfactorily complete all safety related training required to execute job functions.
Acceptable attendance to meet all company standards and requirements.
Proof of High School Diploma or GED
2 years minimum experience
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This position is designated as a Safety-Sensitive Position.
Required to sit constantly
Required to use hands constantly
Required to talk or hear constantly
Required to stand frequently
Required to walk frequently
Required to reach outward frequently
Required to climb frequently
Required to squat or kneel frequently
Required to lift or carry 21-50 lbs
The characteristics described here are those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Exposure to outdoor weather
Exposure to wet humid conditions
Exposure to extreme heat or cold
Exposure high precarious places
Exposure to moving mechanical parts
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. The roles and objectives of this job do not include setting corporate policy, and does not constitute a managing agent of the company.
Empire is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please call 480-633-5440 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Empire Southwest is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer
Safety - Respect - Integrity - Teamwork - Excellence - Stewardship - Astonishment