Production Laborer- Night Shift - Schofield, WI at Oldcastle Building Envelope, Inc.
Posted in Manufacturing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Schofield, Wisconsin
Job ID: 123212
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a division of Oldcastle, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
Our Schofield, WI glass fabrication facility is currently seeking full-time Multi-Task Workers for 2nd shift. The Multi-tasker's primary function is to handle glass pieces and rotate them through the various phases of the tempering, laminating, cutting or shipping processes.
We have a competitive starting wage of $13.00/hr. for regular 2nd shift OR $13.25/hr. for Rotating 12-hour 2nd shift. Multi-task openings are available in our Shipping, Tempering, Cutting, and Insulated Glass departments. We offer a culture that values employee participation with opportunities for growth and development.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Must be at least 18 years of age and be able to work safely in a manufacturing environment
- Must understand units of measurement and be able to perform general mathematical equations
- Must be able to work overtime with flexible starting times in some departments
- Must be willing to work in other departments as required
- Must be able to wear company-issued safety shirt, hard hat, steel-toed shoes, safety glasses, and hearing protection
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment with minimal direct supervision
- Regular and predictable attendance, the safe performance of tasks, and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of the job
- Constant standing and walking as well as frequent reaching and bending at the waist
- Must be able to lift an average of 50 to 70 lbs. on a regular basis
- Must be able to stand and walk on a concrete floor for eight or more hours
- The shop floor working environment is subject to unusually warm temperatures during the summer months due to the heat generated by the glass tempering furnaces. Must be able to work in temperatures consistent with same outdoor climate conditions of the region (Heat, humidity, etc.)
- Now accepting on-line applications or apply at our Wausau kiosk: 5103 Janice Ave., Schofield, WI 54476. Immediate interviews and job tours are available
- When applying, please provide full employment history
Pre-employment background screening will be conducted on qualified applicants after acceptance of job offer
What Oldcastle Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.