Legal Administrative Assistant - St. Louis, MO
at Edward Jones
Posted in Legal Admin 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work. A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
This position provides complex, highly responsible and confidential legal support and activities to all levels of management within the Legal Division of the firm.
This work includes, but is not limited to:
- Communicating consistently to ensure alignment with attorneys in what needs to happen each day, status of larger work projects/tasks, and identify what may be coming to help manage time appropriately.
- Handling multiple, competing priorities in an effective manner.
- Scheduling and managing complex schedules in Outlook calendar which includes travel, accommodations and event schedules. Monitoring deadlines and due dates for case preparation. Coordinating and scheduling meetings and conference calls that cross time zones with multiple attendees who have changing and sometimes conflicting calendars.
- Handling high-level internal and external communications which includes: managing incoming phone calls, returning phone calls, responding to voice-mails, managing incoming e-mails by forwarding and responding to emails as appropriate and creating and mailing letters and memos on behalf of others.
- Discerning priorities and proactively managing timelines to elevate attorneys' work.
- Utilizing sound judgment to determine urgency of situations and implement the appropriate escalation process.
- Creating/preparing general to complex spreadsheets and correspondence. Creating, updating and maintaining reports requiring compilation of data from different sources and systems.
- Managing very confidential information on an ongoing basis.
- Accurate and timely handling of legal bills and expense reports.
- Researching highly confidential information in processing documents and creating reports while working within document retention schedules.
- Minimum 3 years of high level administrative support is required, experience in litigation area is preferred.
- Strong communication skills to facilitate relationships with senior executives and internal and external attorneys.
- Strong ability to set goals, multi-task and prioritize workload in an autonomous, results-oriented environment.
- Ability to be flexible when needed, take initiative and demonstrate accountability
- Ability to quickly adapt to new methods, work under tight deadlines and stressful conditions
- Level of proficiency in investigative, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment and participate in department projects
- Ability to balance detail with departmental goals/objectives
- Ability to coordinate projects and handle changing priorities
- Ability to demonstrate a positive and professional image
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Professional, various web based applications, and/or document management programs is required
- Experience arranging travel is preferred
- Bachelor's degree preferred
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.