Category Manager- Center Store Stillwater, MN at SUPERVALU Inc
Posted in Retail 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Stillwater, Minnesota
Strategically manages categories to increase sales, gross dollars and market share versus prior year, to meet or exceed projected numbers. Creates and implements pricing, promotion and assortment for each assigned category, based on detailed analysis of past performance and results, industry best practices, and consumer trends. This level is considered a fully experienced level. Incumbents are able to independently handle complex issues affecting assigned complex categories and create innovative solutions.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Creates yearly category business plan based on detailed analysis of previous results and market trends.
- Creates detailed pricing strategy by zone and category and maintains approach throughout the year.
- Creates and implements a promotional calendar by major category, which supports division merchandising strategy.
- Designs schematics and recommends adjacencies that support the role of the category.
- Determines the appropriate product assortment based on the category strategies.
- Maintains weekly, quarterly and yearly scorecards to track sales, gross profit dollars and share of each category.
- Manages and maximizes categories to achieve most efficient use of vendors’ dollars.
- Conducts in depth post-promotional analysis at the item and category level.
- Plans ads and displays in support of the category plans and total department initiatives.
- Meets with vendors on a consistent basis for deal negotiation and business updates.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, relevant work experience in food retail preferred.
- Previous store operations experience or similar experience where a strong understanding of operations and merchandising approaches has been gained.
- Financial, mathematical, statistical, marketing, merchandising and consumer research background to read, interpret, and understand how internal and external factors influence financial results.
- Ability to read and interpret profit and loss statement and understand how the categories managed are effected.
- Possess strong analytical and problems solving skills and be experienced in taking initiative and making decisive yet appropriate decisions.
- Strong planning and organizing skills.
- Written and verbal communication skills as well as interpersonal skills to develop and maintain effective business relationships within and outside the Company.
- Familiarity with Category Business Planning.
- Relationship management skills.
Why Work for Supervalu?
As one of the largest grocery wholesalers and retailers in the United States, SUPERVALU is dedicated to feeding our communities by providing innovative, customer-centric solutions. We deliver on that promise every day through a strong network of 30,000 talented employees who supply the best national brands and our own high-quality and affordable private label products to thousands of customers, and millions of consumers, nationwide. With a wide variety of services and industry leading expertise, SUPERVALU offers you the opportunity to shape the food industry through every stage of your career.
A GREAT PLACE TO GROW!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status. SUPERVALU is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.