Pilot Production Machinist at Arthrex Manufacturing, Inc.
Posted in Manufacturing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Ave Maria, Florida
|Title:||Pilot Production Machinist|
|Division:||Arthrex Manufacturing Inc (US02)|
|Location:||AMI North- AMI- Naples, FL (US03)|
This is a first-shift position (7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Mon. - Fri.) for the Pilot Production Department. It is for a veteran CNC Swiss Machinists with 10+ years of CNC experience and advanced setup, programming and operation skills. Work location will be the Arthrex manufacturing facility in Ave Maria, FL.
To produce superior products following Arthrex Manufacturing Inc. machining processes and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop the CNC process, determine machine and tool selections, may be required to setup the required machine and may operate the equipment to produce the required number of parts.
- Writes CNC programs to operate computer controlled equipment.
- Coordinate between functional depts. and communicate both verbally and via email to Sr. Manufacturing Engineers, Associate Mfg. Engineers, Design Engineers, Production, Planning, Quality / Inspection, Prototype, and management / supervision the status, resources required, and delivery dates.
- Ensure that components move through all the processes required to complete the project.
- Provide the necessary documentation, Tooling Data Sheets, CNC Programs, part processing info necessary to hand the item off to production.
- Work on continuous improvement projects to optimize, troubleshoot, or develop new processes.
- Provide coverage for production if needed (Setup and / or operate normal production).
- Works from technical drawings, engineering sketches, and other related documentation to produce a variety of prototype parts, production tooling, assemblies and products.
- Prepares all documentation required for Master Prototype file. Accurately maintains all records, logs, files, and software history.
- Uses and troubleshoots CNC code software packages to produce and manipulate necessary data. Uses CAD/CAM software as needed to create CNC programs from engineering files.
- Communicates with, and acts as a liaison between the prototype dept., engineering and others in processing changes to documents or parts.
- Gives informal demonstrations to personnel regarding software, tooling, assemblies, parts, processes and equipment.
- Trains others in the operation of equipment, use of software and department operating procedures as necessary.
- Performs machine cleaning regularly.
- Reads and interprets blueprints, planning sheets, sketches, and related technical data to determine tooling requirements, setup procedures, control settings, and machining methods and sequences.
- Selects and installs cutting tools in machine spindle.
- Calculates and sets machine controls to position spindle in relationship to work piece and to regulate factors, such as cutting depth, speed, feed, and coolant flow.
- Starts machine and monitors displays and machine operation to detect malfunctions.
- Operates machine manually to perform non-automated functions and when automatic programming is faulty or machine malfunctions.
- Inspects finished work piece to specification, using precision measuring instruments.
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
- May confer with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to solve machining or assembly problems.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Ten years of experience setting up, operating and programming CNC machines required.
- Experience with PartMaker, Esprit and Siemens NX CNC programming software preferred.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- Full working knowledge of machining properties of medical device materials including stainless steel, titanium, cobalt chrome and PEEK. Good mechanical aptitude.
- Full working knowledge of advanced CAD CAM programming skills.
- Proficient with QAD Job tracking systems.
- Advance blue print reading skills.
- Proficient with measuring equipment and instruments.
- General knowledge of tool life. Ability to streamline machining process.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
Programming skills, advanced setup and operation of CNC machines.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Ability to comprehend and apply mathematical principles to the degree required to perform the job based upon job requirements.
Language and Communication Skills:
Ability to comprehend and apply language skills to the degree required to perform the job based upon the job requirements listed above. Ability to verbally communicate ideas and issues effectively to other team members and management. Ability to write and record data and information as required by procedures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands and fingers, to handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must infrequently lift and/or move up to 50-70 pounds. To bend frequently and lift 30 pounds on a regular basis.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.