Project Architect - Interiors (15+ Years Experience) at Gensler
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Oakland, California
Gensler s Oakland office is a small, entrepreneurial group of design professionals serving the local client community. The rest of the world is now recognizing what we have known for quite some time that the East Bay is an ideal location for business, leisure activities and the arts. Oakland is at the heart of a resurgence of community spirit and economic growth that is bringing vigor to urban neighborhoods and spreading new business opportunities throughout the East Bay. Oakland is our destination because we believe that we can contribute to positive changes in the business community, foster growth in the neighborhoods and help shape the cityscape as Oakland re-imagines its future. From the busy nexus of commerce that is Oakland, we can better serve both our local East Bay and our global clients. As a leading Bay Area-headquartered design firm, we can offer our clients specifying power, strong vendor and dealer relationships, and a wide range of resources in the design and corporate sectors. We have the power to help bring about change.
Gensler is a global design firm, with 46 offices and 5,000+ employees worldwide. Gensler helps clients succeed by focusing on the needs of the people they serve, whether they are employees, customers, sports fans, students, passengers or guests. Founded in 1965, Gensler has deep expertise in design and architecture across 31 practices, including commercial office buildings, professional services, retail, aviation, planning and urban design, entertainment and hospitality, sports stadiums and education facilities. The firm also holds practices focusing on brand strategy, environmental graphic design, mission-critical facilities, and has recently invested in consulting for real estate workplace and sustainable design.
For more information, visit our website (www.gensler.com) or blog (www.gensleron.com), follow us on Twitter (@GenslerOnCities, @GenslerOnWork, @GenslerLfstyle), or like us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/GenslerDesign/).
At Gensler we help companies innovate. We design spaces, services and environments for organizations seeking new ways to provide value by fostering healthier, more effective workplaces. As a result of a growing, diverse client base and increasing project work, we are searching for a SENIOR LEVEL project architect (15+ years) to join our team. RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Manage multiple aspects of client, project coordination, and general contractors including full documentation coordination with structural, MEP, lighting, AV, landscape and civil consultants
* Manage client relationships and team communication
* Resolve complex technical and design issues
* Maintain the project manual and specifications
* Conduct on-site observations and document site reviews
* Process submittals, RFIs, substitution requests, etc. during construction
* Interface with building and permitting officials during the permitting and construction phases of the project
* Bachelor s degree in Architecture and varied levels of relevant experience as a project architect with a strong background in corporate interiors, including LEED-certified projects
* Experience managing multiple aspects of client, team and project coordination, including full documentation coordination with structural, MEP, lighting, AV, landscape and civil consultants
* Experience resolving complex technical and design issues
* Proficiency with Revit, SketchUp, 3ds Max, and Adobe Creative Suite
* Understanding of how buildings are constructed and ability to create technical documents that succinctly, thoroughly and accurately describe the work to be done
* Knowledge of building codes, standards and building structures
* Strong leadership, organizational, communication and relationship management skills
For consideration, please submit resume and work samples in PDF format.
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Back Email Apply Now