Design Director - Architecture (15 + Years of Experience) at Gensler
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Oakland, California
Gensler s OAKLAND OFFICE is a small, entrepreneurial group of design professionals serving the local client community. The rest of the world is now recognizing what we have known for quite some time that the East Bay is an ideal location for business, leisure activities and the arts. Oakland is at the heart of a resurgence of community spirit and economic growth that is bringing vigor to urban neighborhoods and spreading new business opportunities throughout the East Bay. Oakland is our destination because we believe that we can contribute to positive changes in the business community, foster growth in the neighborhoods and help shape the cityscape as Oakland re-imagines its future. From the busy nexus of commerce that is Oakland, we can better serve both our local East Bay and our global clients. As a leading Bay Area-headquartered design firm, we can offer our clients specifying power, strong vendor and dealer relationships, and a wide range of resources in the design and corporate sectors. We have the power to help bring about change.
Gensler s Architecture studio, an award-winning, international design practice, is seeking a senior architectural designer/design leader (15+ years) with exceptional design skills and a portfolio of innovative design solutions with an emphasis on built work.
As a senior architectural designer and director, you will create and develop overall design concepts, formulate design presentation strategies, and provide creative and process leadership to multiple design teams through all phases of projects and a variety of project types Commercial Office Buildings and Towers, Higher Education, Aviation and Transportation, Science and Technology, Hospitality, Mixed Use and Entertainment.
* Interaction with high touch clients while representing Gensler at meetings and presentations.
* Developing programming, consulting, strategic planning, conceptual designs, space planning, presentations, design development, and production.
* Leading, developing and mentoring the architectural design team.
* Working with Senior Management in business development efforts.
* 15+ years professional experience including proven track record of leading the design of large-scale projects such as corporate headquarters, commercial or mixed-use projects.
* Advanced degree in Architecture or Design preferred with a rigorous design education
* Experience creating and developing overall design concepts and formulating design presentation strategies with an understanding of trends in large, shell / core architectural design
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
* Outstanding graphic presentation skills
* Strong leadership, management and mentoring skills
* Proven track record of success in maintaining and growing client relationships
* Ability to develop collaborative relationships across the firm, with clients, and with other key constituents
* Strong, persuasive communicator with excellent verbal presentation skills and the ability to communicate complex design concepts to clients
* International design experience a plus
* Flexibility to travel throughout the U.S. and Asia as required
* Ability to develop collaborative relationships across the firm, with clients and other key constituents
* A sense of business acumen to advise and guide clients as required
* A desire to mentor team members, offer guidance and leadership.
* Ability to use 2D/3D software, including AutoCAD, 3D Studio MAX, Sketch up, PhotoShop, In Design and Illustrator , and PowerPoint .
* Knowledge of the total project process including fee and team management, schedules and budgets.
* Use of REVIT a plus
Talented teams drive our firm forward through ideas and innovation and sharing of success and accomplishments across the firm, each step of the way. Gensler's approach to total compensation and benefits echoes commitment to collaboration and shared success.
In addition to being voted "One of the Best Places to Work" in a number of locations throughout the Country, Gensler offers a wide array of benefits - from healthcare to ESOP, profit-sharing, twice annual bonus opportunities and more!
Gensler is a global design firm, with 46 offices and 5,000+ employees worldwide. Gensler helps clients succeed by focusing on the needs of the people they serve, whether they are employees, customers, sports fans, students, passengers or guests. Founded in 1965, Gensler has deep expertise in design and architecture across 31 practices, including commercial office buildings, professional services, retail, aviation, planning and urban design, entertainment and hospitality, sports stadiums and education facilities. The firm also holds practices focusing on brand strategy, environmental graphic design, mission-critical facilities, and has recently invested in consulting for real estate workplace and sustainable design.
For more information, visit our website (www.gensler.com) or blog (www.gensleron.com), follow us on Twitter (@GenslerOnCities, @GenslerOnWork, @GenslerLfstyle), or like us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/GenslerDesign/).
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.
Back Email Apply Now