R&D Engineer Intern - CTO Research at Chicago_Randolph Office
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Chicago, Illinois
HERE Technologies, the Open Location Platform company, enables people, enterprises and cities to harness the power of location. By making sense of the world through the lens of location we empower our customers to achieve better outcomes – from helping a city manage its infrastructure or an enterprise optimize its assets to delivering drivers to their destination safely. To learn more about HERE, including our new generation of cloud-based location platform services, visit http://360.here.com.
We are looking for a full time intern with strong background in Computer Science and Machine Learning to join the CTO Research team in Summer 2018.
The candidate will develop and implement algorithms to extract information from massive amounts of spatial trajectories and other location data generated by smartphones, cars, and other devices.
The candidate must be able to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team environment focused on innovation and be able to learn and integrate complementary technologies outside their specific area of expertise.
- Develop and apply machine learning models for information extraction from location data
- Prototype and implement scalable and reliable machine learning algorithms
- Communicate new results and insights within the CTO Research team
- Preferred: experience with Deep Learning algorithms and libraries
- Ph.D. or Masters student in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field
- Proven ability to quickly prototype in languages like Python, C++ or Java
- Solid experience developing new research ideas and implementing research papers into working prototype systems
- Excellent communication skills
HERE is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.