Presentation/Protocol & Operations Support (A3) Specialist (Secret)
at Akima, LLC
Posted in Art 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Hampton, Virginia
At the forefront of Interagency communications and operations management, and focused on services for Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness and Response, Ikun specializes in Logistics Management, Mission Systems Support, Software Development and Data Center Management.
The selected candidate will provide A3 presentation, protocol, and operations support, and provide other Headquarters-level staff officer support. Utilize multimedia equipment and Microsoft Office (MS) software experience to prepare briefing slides for the A3 Staff and the HQ ACC Command Staff. Assist with any presentation, protocol, operational, or administrative tasks to support the A3 senior leadership. Specific duties include:
- Provide administrative support to the A3 secretary and executive officers.
- Coordinate schedules for senior A3 officers and A3 taskings through the Task Management Tool (TMT) SharePoint.
- Prepare briefing slides for A3 and A3 Staff. Briefing slides have historically been between 20 and 100 classified and unclassified briefing slides each week prepared in coordination between members of A3's 10 Divisions and 2 Squadrons, with as little as 2 hours of preparation time. Briefing preparation will focus on content, operational focus, format, presentation, professionalism and accuracy.
- Coordinate briefing inputs with Headquarters Air Force (HAF), 22 ACC Wings, 3 Numbered Air Forces (NAFs), the USAF Warfare Center and various Field Operating Agencies under the NAF umbrellas.
- Prepare speeches, formal letters, position papers, staff summary packages, charts, bullet background papers, etc., to ensure the strategic vision of the A3 is properly articulated to target audiences and into actionable tasks.
- Provide training and assistance to Directorate Action Officers on Microsoft Office applications, the execution and compliance of standard staffing templates, and practices in the ACC Action Officer handbook.
- Assist with coordination and planning of A3 hosted conferences to include staff briefing preparation, assistance with conference logistics (billeting, protocol liaison, facilities liaison, etc.) directly supporting the A3.
- Assist with coordination, planning, and hosting of high-level military and civilian visitors of the US and allied nations. Advise senior leaders on protocol, guest lists, seating arrangements and event schedules.
- Collaborate with appropriate organizations/staff to ensure read-ahead material is prepared, current, and available for A3 leadership for meetings, speaking engagements, and conferences within required timelines and format.
- Conduct the data collection analysis and preparation in order to present A3's portion of the ACC Commander's weekly Staff Briefing.
- Prepare and track Directorate taskings, consolidate required information, schedule, and make adjustments to taskings based on affected Division/Squadron manning, experience, training, and abilities.
- Assist with analyzing taskings, procedures, practices, and resources for the A3 directorate to be able to effectively and efficiently resolve operational challenges and issues to help ensure successful mission accomplishment.
- Provide support and assistance to Directorate Action Officers with software tools required to provide and/or present material in the form of data, graphs and charts required to complete Directorate taskings.
- Advise on proper General Officer support, ceremonial and protocol policy, and procedural guidance implementation concerning proper protocol requirements for DVs, military ceremonies, official meetings and briefings for all visits of US and international military and civilian dignitaries, Congressional and Government officials, corporate and civic leaders.
- Apply protocol standards in developing plans for DV visits to deal effectively with a wide range of people and organizations and analyze the best approach to handle to most delicate situations involving social, cultural and religious preferences, personal habits and the interests of visiting dignitaries.
- Required Secret security clearance.
- Required Associate’s Degree or five years of comparable HQ ACC presentation, protocol, and operations staffing experience.
- Required fluent in technical and conversational speaking, reading, and writing in English.
- Required at least five years’ Protocol experience with General Officer-level event planning and coordination; itinerary development; and knowledge of Air Force protocol regulations.
- Required recent MAJCOM or Air Staff presentation, protocol, and operations support experience within the last four years.
- Required three years’ experience in all forms of multimedia, to include computer-generated graphics, music, and video for use within Microsoft PowerPoint presentations.
- Required three years’ experience with DOD and Air Force automated data processing standards, policies, and techniques.
Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a position please contact, Recruiting Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 571-353-7053. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
The dedicated email and telephonic options above are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance to apply to an open position using our website.
Please do not use the dedicated email or phone number above to inquire on the status of your job application.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
In order for our company to stay compliant with government regulations, please apply on line. Please DO NOT email resumes or call in lieu of applying online unless you have a physical and/or mental disability and need assistance with the online application.
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.