Character Blendshape Artist (temporary)- Treyarch at Treyarch Corporation
Posted in Art 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Santa Monica, California
Treyarch is looking for an incredibly talented temporary character head modeler and sculptor to help us create realistic and believable character performances for our game and game cinematics. A successful candidate would need to understand the important nuances of facial anatomy and the movement of that anatomy to achieve expressive and emotional performances, while working with talented artists, animators, and technical artists toward that common goal. This candidate will need to have the important balance of quality and speed, while being able to adapt to changes and direction to achieve the performances needed and meet our project deadlines.
What you'll be doing:
• Using your outstanding sculpting abilities to create and modify a full array of realistic and natural facial blendshapes and corrective shapes, either from scanned or sculpted expressions.
• Working closely with animators and technical artists on identifying the needs for each head and shapes associated to achieve the best range of performance and expressions.
• Creating realistic and believable wrinkle maps.
• Working closely with our Outsourcing team on the quality control of blendshapes done internally and externally.
• Establish guidelines and best practices on the blendshape pipeline.
• When not creating blendshapes, you’ll be making realistic and iconic neutral heads for the game.
The skills and expertise you’ll need:
• Strong understanding of the anatomy and movement of the face, particularly in achieving emotion and expression.
• Experience working with face and body scan data, and fitting game meshes to that.
• Strong understanding of topology and edge flow.
• Strong understanding of Maya, Zbrush, and/or Mudbox.
• Understanding of the Facial Action Coding System (FACs).
• Working knowledge of a blendshape face rig and how the blendshapes are used in the rig.
• Self-starter and self-management skills, to balance multiple complex tasks and deliver them on timeframes needed.
Additional skills and experience not required, but would really excite us:
• Experience building great face rigs, face rig tools, rig UI and rig logic.
• Knowledge and production experience using Motion Builder.
• Experience working in various game engines and run time packages.
• Experience using Qt, PySide, and/or PyQt.
Candidates will need to submit any combination of the following:
• Online Portfolio and/or Demo Reel with Reel Breakdown
Developing games since 1996, Treyarch is home to some of the industry's best and brightest talent.
Prior to entering development for Call of Duty®: Black Ops 3, the studio’s Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 set world-wide launch day records, with its previous game Call of Duty®: Black Ops having also set an entertainment launch opening record (2010). Black Ops 2 continues to be one of the best-selling games of all time.
Treyarch is also the birthplace of Call of Duty's Zombies.
We employ the world’s greatest engineering, design and creative talent and give them the cutting-edge technology, tools and resources that they need to thrive creatively, both on their own and as teams.
It is our life’s passion to create epic gameplay experiences that are enjoyed by as many video game fans as possible. We are driven by a deep sense of pride, constantly striving to do the best work of our careers, so fans can have the most fun of their lives.