Plant Engineering Technician - 3rd Shift
Posted in Skilled Labor - Trades 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Cumberland, Wisconsin
3M is seeking a Plant Engineering Technician – 3rd Shift for the 3M Cumberland Plant located in Cumberland, Wisconsin. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired for the position of Plant Engineering Technician – 3rd Shift will safely install, maintain, repair, modify, troubleshoot, diagnose, calibrate and perform preventive maintenance on industrial and commercial equipment and devices used in production and utility areas. Provide support as needed to Production, Engineering, and Controls Engineering in the layout, facilitating, planning, and documenting the installation, maintenance, repair, replacement, modification, troubleshooting, programming, optimization and design of existing and new manufacturing equipment and all the associated control of that equipment. Provide Plant Engineering advanced systems expertise with the ability to program, install and optimize new equipment and controls.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- A strong commitment to a safe work environment by demonstrating safe work behaviors and making safe decisions related to tasks performed; maintaining neat and orderly conditions in work areas, and operating assigned equipment in a safe, effective, and efficient manner; wear personal protection equipment
- Collaborate, communicate and work effectively within a business work team setting, this includes maintaining a flexible and cooperative attitude toward business fluctuations and customer requests
- Responsive and engaged in problem solving and root cause discussions
- Understand and apply lean manufacturing principals and support continuous improvement
- Operate powered and manual industrial vehicles, powered and manual tools and powered and manual equipment
- Perform mechanical and electrical maintenance support activities covering all aspects in a manufacturing environment including PLC support, general facilities and manufacturing process equipment
This position may require:
- Weekend work
- Working overtime
- Working on holidays as needed
- Short notice shift coverage
- Working a fixed 3rd shift (11:00 PM – 7:00 AM)
- Frequent physical demands including use of upper extremities and lifting up to 30 lbs.
- Possess a High School Diploma/GED or higher
- A two (2) year technical degree in Industrial Maintenance, Automation, Controls or other maintenance field
- Three (3) years of industrial maintenance experience
- Three (3) years of PLC control systems experience
- Experience troubleshooting and problem solving in a manufacturing environment
- Mechanical aptitude and thorough understanding of electrical, electronic and PLC Logic concepts
- Experience with mechanical and electrical troubleshooting and repair of complex manufacturing process equipment. This would include: motor, relay, and PLC logic control, process instrumentation, and general working knowledge of boilers, compressors, and chillers
- Experience in welding, fabrication, and machining
Location: Cumberland, WI
Relocation: Is not authorized
Qualified applicants will be required to take and pass 3M employment testing as a part of the selection process.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status.)
See job description.
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.