Machine Operator - Charlotte, NC at Oldcastle APG Inc
Posted in Construction 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
State: North Carolina
Postal/Zip Code: 28217
Adams Products is a division of Oldcastle Architectural (APG). Oldcastle APG is the leading North American manufacturer of concrete masonry, lawn, garden and paving products and a regional leader in clay brick. The group also produces packaged cement mixes, lightweight aggregates, bagged decorative stone and lime. With over 200 operating locations and 6500 employees, Oldcastle Architectural operates across 38 states and 6 Canadian provinces.
Job Description Summary
- Reads job specifications to determine machine adjustments and material requirements
- Sets stops or guides to specific lengths as indicated by scale, rule or templates
- Observes machine operation to detect product defects or machine malfunction
- Reviews product for inconsistencies or abnormal appearances assuring product meets quality requirements
- Performs routine machine maintenance
- Assists other operators to set up machines and any other necessary tasks to adhere to deadlines and completion of product
- Makes sure all housekeeping is maintained in a clear and orderly fashion in assigned area
- High school diploma or equivalent; or at least one month of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- A minimum of 3 years of experience operating paver machines, preferably Masa equipment
- Basic understanding of electronics and programmable controllers
- Know the basics of hydraulics, electricity and tools
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide, in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals
- Experience working with Microsoft Suite to include Word, Excel, etc.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Join our Talent Community to receive an email newsletter with hot jobs & career advice. Follow Oldcastle Careers on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, Pinterest, WordPress (Career Blog) and LinkedIn!
Adams Products is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Adams Products is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.