Project Officer (Medical Robotics)
at Irving Burton Associates
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Frederick, Maryland
IBA is actively recruiting for a Project Officer (Medical Robotics) to provide support to our Department of Defense client. The Project Officer (Medical Robotics) assists Contracting Officer’s Representatives (CORs) with the day-to-day project management of projects in medical research for the Department of Defense (DoD).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide project and technical proposal management support to government Contracting Officer Representative (COR).
- Maintain documentation for intramural and extramural research projects as assigned.
- Assist research teams with development and documentation of research pre-proposals and full proposals.
- Develop Project Management Plans and document and track research progress.
- Develop briefings and reports relative to assigned research projects, and conduct briefings as assigned.
- Review extramural research proposals and reports and provide feedback to supported government staff.
- Coordinate, facilitate, schedule and prepare meeting agendas, minutes, reports for project planning, project initiation, status reviews and after-action meetings.
- Assist government staff in development of intramural research proposals.
- Provide subject matter expertise in a specific project area, as requested, primary focus on medical robotics.
- Develop medical robotics design, testing and applied research for products and services, including users/tasks as required.
- Plan and execute usability experiments and studies.
- Explore research concepts around treating, evacuating, and returning to duty injured and/or wounded warfighters.
- Integrate robotic and semi-autonomous patient support systems with general purpose unmanned vehicle platforms.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Experience with and knowledge of project management processes.
- Ability to write and present effective project materials, presentations, status-reporting, meeting minutes, etc.
- Must have excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to understand basic project management skills to be able to assist promptly and appropriately with next steps to ensure a project meets its requirements.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, and Project.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Have a neat and orderly appearance and excellent attendance.
- Ability to interact appropriately and cooperatively with customers and co-workers.
- Ability to take initiative and work both independently and as a team player.
- Ability to perform essential duties and responsibilities.
- Experience providing health care in a deployed DoD setting.
- Experience with medical robotics and/or unmanned systems.
- Education in a science/engineering/computer science related field or scientific work experience.
Education, Certifications and Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible experience.
- Must have an existing active NACI clearance or above (NACI or comparable investigation) accessible through the DoD clearance database or ability to obtain a NACI clearance.
- Existing clearance preferred.
*Pursuant to a government contract, this position requires U.S. citizenship status.
See Job Description
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.