Announcing Systems SME
at Akima, LLC
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Suffolk, Virginia
With dedicated Information Management, Systems Engineering teams, and Unified Communications teams, Lynxnet specializes in designing standardized, repeatable, and defined processes and procedures to help our customers realize long-term mission success.
As a team member, responsible for performing all necessary preventive, corrective, and depot level maintenance in support of shipboard communication systems. At least 4 (four) years of experience performing repair, maintenance, and installation of USCG and/or USN shipboard Interior Communications (IC) systems to include Announcing, Alarms and Intercom Systems such as: AN/SIA-123, AN/SIA-119, OG-109, AN/SIA-120, AN/SIA-120B, LS-518, LS-519, LS-397, LS-397A Dynalec legacy equipment and Hose McCann Systems such as: HMUM-MPBX-16, Integrated Public address system, UM-ICSC-1338 Etc. Constructs components, sub-units, or simple models or adapts standard equipment. Troubleshoots and repair malfunctions. Conducts various tests utilizing specialized test equipment such as audio analyzers, O’scopes, Multimeter; testing may require minor modifications in test setups or procedures. Interprets Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) technical publication, manuals, shipboard prints and test procedure in order to test and conduct maintenance of announcing and alarms equipment. Applies advanced technical knowledge to solve unusually complex problems that typically cannot be solved solely by referencing manufacturers' manuals or similar documents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides onsite technical assistance to the Team Leader during scheduled maintenance, corrective maintenance, system installations, engineering upgrades, and depot maintenance activities.
- Performs logistics (i.e. kitting, packing, documenting, and shipping) activities necessary to prepare for scheduled maintenance evolutions.
- Comprehension and hands on application of NAVSEA installation standards and Military Specifications for shipboard C4ISR systems installations.
- Comprehension and hands on application of various specialized test equipment applicable to ASM and QRS maintenance and testing.
- Comprehend and execute tasking of moderate to high complexity with little to no supervision.
- Works well within a team environment in the field.
- Possess and properly utilize installation hand tools such as screw drivers, wrenches, tie-wrap guns, connector crimpers, wire strippers, side cutters, and electrical scissors among many others.
- Interpret technical drawings, manuals, and publications in order to execute a specific task.
- Capable of troubleshooting systems of high complexity in order to resolve operational issues.
- Quickly adapt and understand new system operations and maintenance procedures, installations, and upgrades through independent study, research, and comprehension.
- Travel to job sites as required by the PM and IAW the Joint Federal Travel Regulations (JFTR).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of an Electronics Technical Training Institute, or a similar, related field from an accredited learning Institute. Education and military experience can be substituted for three 3+ years of proven, experience in electronic systems troubleshooting and repair.
- Completion of a certified technical training institute. General and specialized experience may be substituted for education
- General – 2+ years of experience working with C4ISR Systems
- Specialized – 2+ years of experience in electronic systems troubleshooting and repair, including both shipboard and shore maintenance activities.
- Working knowledge of connector fabrication, soldering, cableway or telecommunications training such as BICSI, 3M, IPC, or NAVSEA instruction is a plus.
- Demonstrated strong skills in Microsoft Office applications
- Must have a Secret level security clearance.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- This position involves office, industrial, and shipboard working environments. Some lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds required.
- This Position requires 40%-60% travel.
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.