Graphic Designer at Plastipak Packaging Inc.
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Plymouth, Michigan
Plastipak Packaging is a global industry leader in the design and manufacturing of plastic rigid containers of the highest quality. Our list of customers include some of the worlds most recognized and respected brands such as Procter & Gamble, Kraft Foods and Pepsi, just to name a few. Plastipak is fully invested in our associates providing hands-on training opportunities, unlimited access to industry innovations and motivation for career development. Our commitment to our employees is demonstrated in numerous awards for innovation, environmental sustainability, and corporate citizenship. We pride ourselves on an environment where our associates have the freedom and encouragement to reach beyond the ordinary, with unlimited possibilities.
Plastipak is an equal opportunity employer.
We are seeking an energetic and dynamic Graphic Designer who is looking for career growth with a large, privately-held company with global operations. Our company produces and recycles plastic containers for many well-known brand owners in the consumer packaged goods industry. This Graphic Designer will work in our new creative studio here at our corporate office in Plymouth, MI.
- Designing label graphics and bottle decoration utilizing Plastipak’s Direct Object Printing, an ink to bottle solution.
- Create design solutions with high visual impact based on customer specifications.
- Develop a wide range of print and digital media using Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Manage and support a wide variety of projects, including corporate communications, presentations, brochures, magazines, videos, websites, etc.
- Think creatively and develop new design concepts, graphics and layouts.
- Collaborate with functional groups throughout the organization for input and content.
- Work with printing companies and other suppliers as needed to complete final deliverables.
- Collaborate and work with customers in the studio during brainstorming sessions.
- Be receptive to feedback and adjust artwork accordingly.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Web Development or related field preferred
- 0-5 years of experience
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Cloud, especially Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and Dreamweaver
- Highly proficient in all design aspects and development of conceptual graphics
- Ability to interact, communicate and present ideas
- Proven graphic design capabilities with a strong portfolio
- Able to multi-task and prioritize several projects
- Proficient with Microsoft PowerPoint
- Experience with and understanding of HTML is a plus
- Able to communicate with all levels within the organization
- Mobile/app design experience is a plus
- Understanding of Keyshot is a plus (applying label to CAD design)
- Basic knowledge of web development
**Please provide a PDF portfolio sample or a link to your online portfolio.