Modeling/Drafting - Bridge/Waterfront Structural CAD Technician at KPFF Consulting Engineers
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Seattle, Washington
KPFF’s Washington Division is located in Downtown Seattle. Our Civil/Structural team is seeking a Structural CAD Technician with 2+ years of relevant experience in drafting, preferably in bridge and/or heavy civil engineering.
Our group consists primarily of Structural engineers and CAD Technicians working on heavy civil projects including bridges, light rail, underground structures, retaining walls, and marine structures such as piers, wharves, dolphins, floating structures, and ferry terminals.
KPFF has been an industry leader in Structural and Civil engineering for over 57 years, working with architects, developers, contractors and public agencies. Join us and be part of a team that works on exciting projects with exceptional clients. Be sure to check out our website to learn more about us and the sort of projects we work on: www.kpff.com
Candidate will be responsible for the following, but not limited to:
- Have knowledge of general Structural engineering design and construction. (Knowledge of Bridge design is a plus)
- Prepare plans and elevations, sections and details from rough sketches, verbal instruction and engineers’ redlines
- Ensure all work (line work, blocks, etc.) conforms to the correct CAD standards
- Prepare and assemble plan sets for delivery to client
- Ability to plan and prioritize tasks
- 2+ years of relevant experience
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Experience managing Xref files within the AutoCAD environment
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and independently
- Strong technical and organizational abilities
KPFF is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
See Job Description