Senior Account Executive. Xbox Consumer PR
at Daniel J. Edelman Holdings
Posted in Public Relations 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Portland, Oregon
Edelman is a leading global Communications Marketing firm that partners with many of the world’s largest and emerging businesses and organizations, helping them evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Edelman was named one of Advertising Age’s “Agency to Watch” in 2014; one of Forbes’ “14 Most Influential Agencies of 2014”; and The Holmes Report’s “2013 Global Agency of the Year.” Edelman was awarded the Grand Prix Cannes Lion for PR in 2014 and was among Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work” for the third time in 2014. Edelman owns specialty firms Edelman Intelligence (research) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, experiential), a joint venture with United Talent Agency.
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Do you have a passion for media, pop culture and technology? Do you love gadgets, video game culture and have a desire to be on the business side of the entertainment industry? Do you have an understanding of the current media landscape and want to collaborate with journalists and influencers to tell amazing stories? If so, Assembly Media Inc., a subsidiary of Daniel J. Edelman Holdings, Inc. has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Account Executive to join our Xbox Team in the Portland, Seattle, San Francisco or Los Angeles office. This person will be an integral part of the team that develops PR and communication programs for Microsoft, Xbox and Minecraft.
- Demonstrate understanding of key client information, including general business strategy, industry trends and issues, products/ services, key opinion leaders, customers and competitors
- Contribute to creation of communications plans to meet client objectives
- Manage multiple projects for multiple clients from concept to completion by anticipating challenges, troubleshooting problems, proposing solutions, offering client counsel, overseeing quality, and ensuring deadline and budget adherence
- Engage with print, online and broadcast press to build relationships and pitch stories
- Research and identify new reporters, outlets and influencers/content creators
- Coordinate and help plan media outreach programs including tours, events, conferences, VNR/B-roll and interviews
- Contribute to client correspondence (i.e., daily updates, activity reports, etc.)
- Play key role in developing key messages in keeping with clients’ objectives
- Oversee work products of more junior staff to ensure quality and consistency
- Take responsibility for personal tactical growth and development using available resources such as Edelman University, on-the-job training and mentoring
- Participate in cross-practice and cross-geographical teams to provide clients and prospects with the most compelling team and proposal
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with Edelman’s values (Quality, Integrity, Respect, Entrepreneurial Spirit, Mutual Benefits) and Code of Ethics and Business Conduct
- Demonstrate effective supervisory and effective task delegation abilities by setting clear expectations and deadlines, providing needed resources, monitoring progress and providing feedback
- Commit to continuous learning and improvement of your technical and leadership skills
- Live “in color” – and encourage junior staff to do so – by exploring and being active in the world outside of work, including the arts, culture, politics, literature, charitable organizations and/or other personal passions
- Contribute ideas about how to improve current capabilities and develop new ones
- Stay up to date with emerging technologies and trends and demonstrate understanding of how they integrate into communications programs
- The senior account executive must have a minimum of three years of relevant experience in communications marketing and/or related fields including PR, research, advertising, management consulting, media and publishing
- S/he will have a proven ability to lead and manage multiple small or medium-sized projects simultaneously
- S/he will have a clear understanding of her/his clients’ businesses and their missions, as well as their key stakeholders: consumers, employees, investors, regulators, media, vendors, partners and other businesses/organizations, etc.
- S/he will have demonstrated ability to help develop communications plans, implement public relations tactics and impart knowledge to junior account team members
- S/he should be able to perform well under pressure and be a team player
- S/he will have good research, writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to interact with clients professionally and maintain relationships with media members
- Previous agency experience is highly preferred, and a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.