Android - Senior Software Developer at Arthrex, Inc.
Posted in Software 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Naples, Florida
|Title:||Android - Senior Software Developer|
|Division:||Arthrex, Inc. (US01)|
|Location:||INC- Naples, FL (US08)|
Android – Senior Software Developer
We are looking for a talented and passionate Senior Android Developer who wants to make an impact in the medical space. With over 35 years of experience in the orthopedic industry, Arthrex is dedicated to providing safe and reproducible solutions for health care professionals. We are seeking an experienced developer to help us build mobile applications that are used by thousands of users worldwide for the latest education in sports medicine and minimally invasive orthopedic surgery.
We are looking to transition our Android application from a cross-platform to native Android Studio application. Our ideal candidate has experience contributing to native Android applications, a deep understanding of the Android application lifecycle, experience with modern tools and libraries (Dagger 2, Retrofit, Firebase, Realm, ButterKnife, Picaso, etc.), and knowledge of common design patterns (MVC, MVP or MVVM).
Quality is of utmost importance to Arthrex and should therefore be important to applicants. Our software developers follow coding best practices, champion standards, and always push themselves and others for continuous improvement in everything they do. We are looking for a true team player who likes to work in a co-located team environment where cross-functional collaboration is highly valued. We invest in our team members and provide an environment where everyone feels challenged and can grow professionally. We are looking for professionals who are ready to have a long-term career perspective, feel fulfilled by the work they are doing, and contribute to our mission of Helping Surgeons Treat Their Patients Better™.
- Passionate about software development
- Follow coding best practices, champion standards, and always strive for continuous improvement in everything you do
- Motivated, love to learn, and thrive in a dynamic environment
- Have a track record of building applications and bringing them to production
- Looking to join a company that will invest in your professional growth
- A true team player who likes to work in a co-located team environment where cross-functional collaboration is highly valued
Arthrex is a global medical device company and a leader in new product development and medical education in orthopedics. We value quality and invest in our employees by offering a competitive benefits package including a great work-life balance and opportunities for continuing education through training and conferences. Arthrex is located in Naples, Florida which has great weather year-round and no state income tax!
Main Objective: Develop, support and maintain rich, interactive and high performance software applications by writing robust code and collaborating in a team environment.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Takes an active part in software application development. Leads this development within the team, and makes specific architectural and code recommendations to the team.
- Maintains and enhances existing applications. The ability to diagnose and solve issues is critical.
- Comfortable and/or willing to learn all aspects of the technology stack – from client side programming to configuring the various servers that run the applications.
- Monitors applications for any abnormalities and looks for areas to improve availability and speed of the applications.
- Mentors and trains junior developers and conducts code reviews.
- Assesses new technologies, languages and software. Presents findings to both the team and business and makes recommendations on their application.
- Conducts application related training.
- Works effectively with the UX, QA and product management teams during all stages of application development – conceptualize, design, build, test, and release.
- Occasional travel for training, meetings or trade shows may be required.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience developing mobile applications that are used in a production environment.
- Experience writing robust, pragmatic code following design patterns/anti-patterns.
- Advanced experience with the development and support of mobile applications using programming/scripting languages such as Objective-C, Swift or Java.
- Experience creating and/or consuming REST web services.
- Advanced experience with distributed version control systems such as Git or Mercurial
- Experience with Agile development methodologies, preferably Scrum.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- Strong iOS, Objective-C, and UIKit development skills are a plus.
- Android, Java development skills are a plus
- Advanced understanding of good relational database design. Experience with NoSQL data stores is a plus. Must be able to write SQL queries, and understand database concepts such as stored procedures, views and triggers.
- Knowledge of security and identity management solutions such as OAuth, certificates and encryption.
- Experience with performance tuning tools (e.g. Instruments for iOS, Chrome Web Tools, etcetera).
- Ability to work effectively with little supervision and strong attention to detail in a team environment.
- Requires the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Individual must be highly motivated and self-directed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with continuous integration.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
- Experience working with code editors, team collaboration software. Individual must feel comfortable using the command line. Experience with Mac OS X is a plus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.