RELIABILITY ENGINEER (Fixed Equipment) - Cellulose
at Georgia- Pacific
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Perry, Florida
Who is Georgia-Pacific? Watch to find out!
Georgia-Pacific is seeking a Reliability Engineer to support our Foley Cellulose team in Perry, Florida. This position will report to the Foley Risk Manager to work with the mill operating and maintenance departments to manage the Inspection, Testing, and Preventative Maintenance (ITPM) of the mill’s fixed equipment assets, including tanks, pressure vessels, piping, and process safety devices. This position will work closely with area operations and maintenance supervision including mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, and engineering to provide effective planning, scheduling, execution, review, and follow-ups of ITPM inspections. In addition to ITPM responsibilities, this position will also support the plant’s Process Safety Engineer in performing process safety studies on new and existing installations.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes
- Ensure the Mechanical Integrity Program is properly implemented, maintained, and audited
- Ensure equipment and repairs meet applicable code and regulatory requirements
- Ensure timely resolution of deficiencies identified by field inspections or audits
- Analyze reports and communicate information such as replacement schedules, overdue inspections, and recommendations
- Review inspection results and assist Asset Available Leaders (AAL) on developing action plans on recommendations to replace, repair, and reduce damage mechanisms.
- Ensure inspection files and electronic records are complete and accurate for all equipment inspections, repairs, and replacements
- Provide budget input for the departments, based on inspection and repair requirements
- A comprehensive understanding of all relief and safety devices in the plant and the design basis for sizing those devices
- Ensure new relief devices are correctly sized and specified to protect the equipment, production and ultimately, personnel
- Maintain the process safety ITPM database and dashboard for all fixed equipment and plant process safety devices
- Quantitative hazard analyses of new and existing equipment. Also interface with contract engineering firms providing hazard analysis and review for accuracy
- Process Safety review and approval for day to day changes or modifications to the process
- Process Safety review and approval for new chemicals introduced into the plant
- Participate in the mill weekend duty on call roster
What You Will Need
- A High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- A Bachelor's Degree or higher in Mechanical, Chemical, Civil, or Materials/Corrosion Engineering and one (1) or more years of industrial manufacturing experience — OR — five (5) or more years of ITPM inspection experience/API Certified Inspector experience in a Manufacturing, Industrial or Military environment
- Must be able and willing to work safely, and promote safe work practices
- Must have an effective working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience utilizing Root Cause Analysis (RCA) or other similar problem-solving tools
- Effective oral and written communications skills that support collaborative teamwork, and the ability to influence others
Must be able and willing to work in a manufacturing plant environment, including extended periods of time in dusty, noisy, non-air conditioned or unheated areas
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Experience in the pulp & paper industry
- Experience with managing fixed equipment in pulp & paper or other process fields
- Experience with OSHA Process Safety Management (PSM), including performing process safety evaluations on fixed equipment and processes
- Experience with Nondestructive Testing (NDT) / Nondestructive Examination (NDE)
- API Certifications
Why Work For GP?
A culture that places top priority on integrity and compliance
- Opportunity for career growth at one of the largest, financially stable companies in the world
Encouragement to challenge the status quo and share knowledge
- Responsibilities and rewards based on contributions
Continued company growth due to reinvesting 90% of our earnings
Competitive pay and benefits that help you manage your personal and financial wellness
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Georgia-Pacific and its subsidiaries are among the world's leading manufacturers and marketers of tissue, paper-based packaging, office papers, cellulose, specialty fibers, non-woven fabrics, building products and related chemicals. Our familiar consumer brands include: Quilted Northern®, Angel Soft®, Brawny®, enMotion®, Sparkle®, Mardi Gras®, and Vanity Fair®, as well as the Dixie® brand of disposable cups, plates and cutlery. Its Harmon subsidiary is among the world's largest recyclers of paper, metal and plastics. The company employs approximately 35,000 people directly.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.