Postbaccalaureate Fellowship – DNA Enzymes & Nucleic Acid Replication Divisions at New England Biolabs, Inc.
Posted in Science 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Ipswich, Massachusetts
New England Biolabs (NEB) invites applications for the position of Postbaccalaureate Fellow. NEB will provide recent college graduates who are planning to attend graduate or professional schools an opportunity to spend one year at NEB performing full-time research. The goal of this program is to engage undergraduates to consider basic and applied science related careers and providing them the opportunities for competitive science related education and careers.
The fellow will work with NEB scientists, and projects will be a part of a research program on mutagenesis and characterization of DNA polymerases. Research will be undertaken in a highly collaborative and academic environment and will offer motivated and talented students an opportunity to confirm their interest in basic and applied research.
Fellows will also have the opportunity to participate in a variety of scientific activities:
- Group meetings to discuss research
- Research seminars, science talks
- Receive exposure to the upcoming trends in science and technology
- Execute a variety of molecular biology techniques including: protein purification, PCR, gene cloning and enzyme characterization
- Maintain detailed records of research activities
- Summarize and communicate research results in a group setting
- Candidates must have been granted a Bachelor degree with a cumulative GPA of at least 3.3 on a 4.0 scale no more than 3 years before the date of application to the NEB Post-baccalaureate program
- Prior research experience in a lab setting (as part of a course or research program)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and an aptitude for learning
- Strong scientific curiosity, integrity, creativity and self-motivation
The application package must contain:
- A cover letter (limit to 300-500 words) describing your short-term and long-term career goals highlighting prior research experience relevant to the program
- A resume or curriculum vitae
- A list of coursework and grades
- The names and contact information for three references (preference should be given to those who can comment on specific research experience or lab-related courses)
New England Biolabs is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer of Minorities, Females, Disabled and Protected Veterans
See Job Description