Electronic Technician - RF at Kay & Associates
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: SCHAUMBURG, Illinois
Kay and Associates, Inc. is seeking an experienced RF Electronic Technician to work at a manufacturing facility in Schaumburg, IL. Will test, tune and troubleshoot high power amplifiers in the 30 MHz- 1 GHz range, up to 500 Watts.
Position is expected to be on a contract to direct hire basis.
Commensurate with experience and skills, expected to be in the high teens+ range.
6:30 AM - 3:00 PM, Monday - Friday
- Test, Tune and Troubleshoot to component level high power RF Amplifiers, 30 MHz-1 GHz, up to 500 Watts.
- Test UHF and VHF circuit boards using power supply and function generator
- Test newly assembled amplifiers and units and upgrade and / or repair returned units
- Utilize RF simulation programs, such as LabVIEW, Microwave Office or ADS.
- Perform failure analysis on field returned units and accurately report corrective action to project engineer.
- Work in conjunction with project engineers in testing and evaluation of prototype units; provide test data and feedback in product/testing improvements.
- Solid analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good work ethic with a desire to work in a small manufacturing facility.
- Must be able to meet schedules and work well in a team environment.
- 3+ years' related experience.
- 2+ years' experience with LabVIEW and RF simulations programs such as Microwave Office or ADS required.
- 2 year technical degree preferred.
NOTE: Any offer of employment is contingent on passing a drug test and background screen prior to starting.
See Job Description