Food Service Lead Worker II - Dining Services
at West Virginia University
Posted in Restaurant - Food Service 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Morgantown, West Virginia
The Dining Services department in the Division of Student Life is seeking applications for two Food Service Lead Worker II positions for the Sbarro Pizza operation. These positions will be responsible for coordinating the activities of and providing supervision to a crew of Food Service Assistants, including temporary employees and student workers. The Food Service Lead Worker will also prepare quality specialty food items for various food service operations and provide excellent customer service. This position may be assigned to various operations as needed, but will initially be assigned to Sbarro.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
Positions Available: 2
- Lead and coordinate the activities of employees, interviewing applicants, orienting new employees, providing ongoing training, assigning work, and providing input on personnel actions.
- Maintain proper food production schedule and ensure work is completed in a timely fashion and proper quality, quantity and safety standards are maintained, following the guidelines set by Sbarro Pizza's agreement with WVU Dining Services.
- Plan the food production schedule and ensure all food items are prepared at specified times, with appropriate quantity and quality.
- Maintain operations of a cash register and complete necessary reports for the manager.
- Maintain required computerized records, reports and statistics as needed by the supervisors and/or manager.
- Prepare food items as outlined by production demands according to authorized and standardized recipes and methods utilizing a high level of production skills.
- Observe and test foods to determining if food is cooking properly and add ingredients to improve flavor or texture as needed, adjusting preparation or cooking equipment as required.
- Consult with manager concerning special items, and the development and evaluation of new recipes and menu items.
- Monitor work area performance to ensure minimum wastage and spoilage of food products, ensuring proper storage and utilization of leftovers.
Pay Grade: 11
- High school diploma, GED or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least one (1) year of relevant experience
- Experience with quick service restaurant preferred
- Ability to rapidly learn to operate food service equipment and preparation of cold food
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.