QC Roadway Manager - Savannah, GA at Preferred Materials - Asphalt
Posted in Construction 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Savannah, Georgia
Job ID: 125487
Preferred Materials, Inc., is part of Oldcastle Materials, Inc., the leading vertically integrated supplier of construction materials, and construction/paving services in the United States. Headquartered in Tampa, Florida, the Preferred Materials Region has facilities throughout the State of Florida, as well as Coastal Georgia and South Carolina. Companies within the Preferred Region are leading providers of ready mix concrete, concrete block, aggregate materials, hot mix and warm mix asphalt, as well as design-build and conventional-bid-build solutions for roadway and civil construction projects. Preferred is committed to being a great place to work, and to attracting and retaining exceptional employees. We promote a strong safety culture, and have dedicated professionals who are focused on their own safety and the safety of their co-workers.
Quality Control Roadway Manager
- Accountable for all aspects of Quality Management.
- This includes responsibility for all management and technical related issues and the communication of Quality related matters, to ensure compliance with the project construction standards.
Including but not limited to:
- Implement a Quality Management System to ensure compliance with quality standards and/or contract specific documents that may include QC and QA inspection and testing programs
- Conduct specification reviews, develop project QA/QC plans, generate material submittals, develop and review mix designs, review quality data and inspections and manage QA/QC subcontractors
- Develop/implement corrective action and training tools for field personnel
- Periodically follow-up on corrective actions to verify compliance and improvement
- Prepare technical reports
- Provide quality related training for field personnel
- Review and recommend acceptance of contractor quality programs, plans and checklists
- Track and report inspection activities
- Develop adequate quality documentation/procedures
- Evaluate plan processes as it relates to quality control and make necessary recommendations for improvements
- Assure company complies with specifications by any State, contracting agency or owner
- Have knowledge of and comply with all safety policies in field operations
- Interact with owner groups to protect Company interests
- Communicate well with owners, management, and employees
- Attend and participate in Contractor Organizations related to quality control
- Carry out job duties while maintaining Company Values
- And other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in heavy civil construction management
- Experience in a QA/QC technical/managerial position
- BS in Engineering, Construction Management, or related field, or commensurate experience
- ASQ, ISO or other quality management training and certification is desired
- Able to prepare quality and accurate reports, and interact with DOT and contractor/consultant personnel
- Ability to properly manage and prioritize resources, people and projects
- Ability to work in a high production environment and respond quickly and effectively under pressure and deadlines
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite)
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Must Be Able To Work Nights And Weekends
- Must possess a valid driver’s license for the territory of operation
- Must currently possess SCDOT Roadway Level I and II certification
What Oldcastle Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Materials South Division is a part of Oldcastle Materials, Inc., the third-largest aggregates and ready mixed concrete producer, and the number one asphalt producer in the United States. The South Division consists of three regions: Appalachian Materials, Midsouth Materials & Preferred Materials. The Preferred Materials Region includes: Preferred Materials Asphalt & Construction, Preferred Materials Concrete & Building Products, and Conrad Yelvington Distributors.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle Materials, Preferred Materials, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle Materials, Preferred Materials, Inc. is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.