Manager Safety, Health & Environmental at Lonza Inc.
Posted in Science 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Williamsport, Pennsylvania
At Lonza, we invest in great people. We encourage our employees to challenge themselves and we offer an environment that fosters creativity and success. Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland, we operate production, R&D, and business sites around the world, including Europe, North America, and Asia.
We strive to be the leading supplier using science and technology to improve the quality of life.
We work with passion, using advanced technologies, to transform life science into new possibilities for our customers.
Do you want to help us as we shape the future of this great organization?
Job Description Summary
Directs and controls the plant’s safety, health, environmental and security programs, as well as the operation of the Utilities function, assuring a safe and healthy work environment and compliance with
all safety and environmental regulations and policies.
- Responsible for continually improving employee safety, environmental compliance and site security programs.
- Monitors and directs the compliance programs for all Federal, State and Local regulatory requirements.
- Develops and executes appropriate strategies for SHE activities; providing guidance and direction for employee safety.
- Represents the site to outside groups and organizations; LEPC, PADEP, etc.
- Lead effort in compliance with environmental regulations, permits and reporting requirements.
- Establish and monitor site security assets and procedures.
- Responsible for the operation of the Utilities department (steam function, waste treatment, and electric distribution.
- Maintenance of ISO 9000:2000 certifications for the business by ensuring that all team members comply with processes, procedures and instructions for all activities in which the team participates.
- Is knowledgeable and complies with all pertinent safety policies, rules and regulations.
- Ensure that all team members comply with safety rules and regulations.
- Provides appropriate coaching and performance feedback to all direct reports and assures that all team members are being developed.
- BS 8+ yrs experience, MS 5+ yrs experience
- Working knowledge of local, state and federal laws and regulations pertaining to safety and environmental regulations at the Federal, State and Local levels
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Able to wear required safety equipment
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Lonza. The place to Go, Stay and Grow.