Equipment Operator - Shady Dale, GA at Oldcastle APG Inc
Posted in Construction 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Shady Dale, Georgia
Job ID: 125470
Oldcastle Lawn & Garden, a division of Oldcastle, is one of the largest manufacturers of bagged and bulk decorative mulch, soil, stone, and limestone products in the nation with over 40 production facilities. We take pride in serving a diverse group of customers including independent garden centers, mass retailers, landscapers, contractors, and homeowners.
This position will operate various heavy equipment, such as front-end loaders, knuckle booms, bulldozers, wheel loaders, and all-terrain forklifts, in a rugged 50+ acre outdoor, paved and unpaved environment. Operators will use this heavy equipment to move bulk material throughout a manufacturing facility, while adhering to safety policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Observe equipment operation to detect machine malfunction.
- Read job specifications to determine operator adjustments and material requirements.
- Perform routine maintenance to include lubricating, fueling and cleaning.
- Inspect and complete equipment report daily.
- Able to move levers, shift gears, depress pedals and maneuver steering wheel to operator equipment
- At least 2 years’ experience using heavy equipment/front end loader
- Must be able to work safely in a busy mulch yard, judging distances and operating equipment with precision
- High school diploma or GED, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Able to read and write in English as well as record and understand numerical values
- Able to sit for extended periods, climb up & down from cab heights, work affectively in extreme outdoor climate(s) - cold, heat, rain, fog
- Ability to think independently while successfully functioning in a team environment, with a proven track record of contributing toward team goals
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Lawn and Garden is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Lawn and Garden is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.