Commercial Truck Driver (CDL Class B) - Springfield, MA at Oldcastle Building Envelope, Inc.
Posted in Drivers 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Springfield, Massachusetts
Job ID: 125437
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a division of Oldcastle, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
We are currently looking for a CDL B Driver to service Springfield Massachusetts, Boston Massachusetts, and Rhode Island. This position involves transporting glass and/or metal products to local and out of state customers with company assigned straight truck with the remote possibility of layovers. This position is more than just driving, it also involves off-loading loose glass by hand. Someone who is familiar with the New England area would be desirable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- This position involves hauling glass shipments to local customers using a company assigned rack truck. This involves frequent handling of glass product both by hand and with suction cups.
Unloading could include handling loose, crated, and racked glass, metal and associated products, as well as operating boom cranes, and truck mounted forklifts
- At least 21 years old (necessary to cross state lines)
- Possess a valid driver’s license issued by the state of residence to operate the type of equipment the applicant will be driving
- At least two (2) years of verifiable, incident-free driving experience driving at least a class A or B commercial motor vehicle
- A valid medical card
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
- Familiar with how to safely load and secure cargo
- Glass experience is helpful, but not necessary
- Good customer relations skills
- Ability to operate handheld scanners and electronic logging devices
- Acceptable motor vehicle record over the last three years; and have not had any major traffic violations on your driving record
- Ability to lift, bend, twist, walk, and reach frequently
- Must be able to lift/move up to 75 lbs. unassisted
- Ability to work in varied temperatures consistent with same climate conditions of the region (Heat, humidity, etc.)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Only online applications will be accepted
- When applying, please provide full employment history
Pre-employment background screening will be conducted on qualified applicants after acceptance of job offer
What Oldcastle Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope® is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.