Posted in Compliance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
A career with EMD Performance Materials is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 50,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and performance materials. For 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Performance Materials is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
* The RA Specialist Hazard Communication supports PM by completing hazard assessments, preparing hazard communication documents (safety data sheets and labels), assisting with safety data sheet distribution, and maintaining product information systems for knowledge management and compliance assurance.
* Author and publish US and Canadian Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and labels for the company's commercial and experimental products in compliance with applicable hazard communication regulations.
* Understand laws and regulations governing MSDS authoring, downstream chemical distribution, and hazardous chemical management
* Develop and maintain knowledge of US, Canadian, and GHS hazard communication requirements
* Responsible for Dangerous goods classification and data maintenance in QUATTRO
* Maintain certification in Dangerous Goods for DOT, IATA and IMDG to properly determinations for Dangerous Goods transport on product labels and SDS.
* Determination of all US specific carrier restrictions and regulations, and classification of associated shipping modes
* Communicate with various departments to ensure detailed compositional and physical property data needed for the product's hazard assessment are provided. Gather and review raw material health, safety, and regulatory data.
* Examine product formulation and documentation necessary for proper hazardous characterization
* Partner with toxicologist and other regulatory personnel to apply product safety and compliance information to ensure product's hazards are adequately evaluated and addressed on the SDS and labels.
* Maintain data integrity on hazard assessments in the MSDS authoring system
* Actively participate in workflow and system development projects to continue to maintain compliance with US and Canada hazard communication regulations and related regulatory requirements
* Provide accurate and timely information to internal and external customers
* Continuously improve SDS and label processes focusing on simplicity, transparency and efficiency.
* Create and maintain product regulatory reports and documentation as required.
* Research and maintain knowledge of changing country-specific hazard communication standards and regulations.
Who You Are:
* Bachelors of Science Degree in the natural science or engineering preferred -
* This position will mainly operate in areas involving Hazard Communication---SDS, Labelling and Dangerous Goods.
* Experience in SAP and other US Regulations is a plus
* Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
* Detail-oriented and process driven.
* Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with both internal and external customers in an effort to facilitate effective communication of business needs.
* Proficiency at conveying information in a clear, focused and concise manner.
* Aptitude to analyze and interpret Hazard Communication regulations and compliance standards.
* Experience in executing multiple projects simultaneously.
* Well-developed communication skills
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at come2emd.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.