Security Specialist at Emerson Electric Co
Posted in Legal 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Imagine being surrounded by intelligent, driven, and passionate innovators all working toward the same goal—to create groundbreaking solutions that leave our world in a better place than we found it. Emerson is a global technology and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency, and create sustainable infrastructure.
A dynamic environment is what you’ll discover at Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $14.5 billion in sales and 155 manufacturing locations worldwide. Together, we’re changing the world, and we have all the resources to help you achieve your professional goals.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options, or recently received your MBA degree, you’ll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Emersonis seeking full-time Security Specialists to protect corporate assets andinterests in the St. Louis, Missouri area. To perform this role successfully, anindividual must be able to manage multiple priorities; demonstrate welldeveloped listening, analytical, and decision making abilities. Must possess the communication and rapportbuilding skills necessary to establish credibility and build relationships withall employee levels across Emerson.Responsibilities
- Make regular inspections of the entire premises for all hazards and prevent encroachment on company property.
- Observe everything that takes place within range of sight or hearing and report all violations witnessed or reported.
- Enforce traffic regulations – control traffic on company property.
- Enforce the personal identification and motor vehicle pass system – prevent unauthorized persons and vehicles from entering company property, make necessary security clock patrols, note and report all security violations, fire and safety hazards and conditions.
- Maintain knowledge of fire-fighting equipment locations and procedures in case of fire.
- Maintain proficiency in use of firearms.
- Proper completion and submission of official reports.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Prior security, civilian or military police experience desirable or experience in a position of demonstrated responsibility.
- Ability to qualify for a St. Louis Metro armed security officer license.
- Must possess and maintain a valid state driver’s license.
- Ability to pass a physical exam, drug test screening, and background investigation.
- Ability to maintain First Aid, CPR, AED and BBP certifications as supplied by the company.
- Ability to work any shift (including holidays and weekends) at any Emerson Metro St. Louis location based on the needs of the company.
- Ability to work overtime on immediate notice.
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by calling 1-314-553-2544 (V/TTY/TDD) or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.