Technical/Sr. Technical MES Consultant at Process Systems and Solutions
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Royersford, Pennsylvania
Imagine being surrounded by intelligent, driven, and passionate innovators all working toward the same goal—to create groundbreaking solutions that leave our world in a better place than we found it. Emerson is a global technology and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency, and create sustainable infrastructure. A dynamic environment is what you’ll discover at Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $14.5 billion in sales and 155 manufacturing locations worldwide. Together, we’re changing the world, and we have all the resources to help you achieve your professional goals. Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options, or recently received your MBA degree, you’ll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Emerson is actively seeking candidates to fill a Technical/Sr. Technical MES Consultant position to perform and direct the development, design, implementation, testing and delivery of MES Solutions. Technical consultants are key members of a diverse team of professionals executing MES projects in life sciences and related industries. Candidates must have an excellent understanding of key manufacturing processes in the life sciences industry in order to develop and execute the MES strategies used on assigned projects.
A successful Technical/Sr. Technical MES Consultant must be able to quickly develop good working relationships with the Emerson project team members and the client’s technical and management personnel. They will participate in all phases of a project from requirements definition through plant startup in a customer facing role. They also must work closely with Project Managers and other technical resources to deliver a successful technical solution that meets the project’s requirements for quality, budget, and schedule. Travel to various project sites will be required for requirements gathering, client meetings, engineering support and delivery as required.
- Architect and lead the implementation of Manufacturing Execution System (MES) and system integration solutions projects
- Define functional requirements for MES solutions through client interviews and documentation analysis
- Develop detailed designs of Syncade MES solutions that meet client requirements
- Develop documentation standards for pharma MES projects
- Provide project execution leadership and mentor fellow project members
- Quickly learn new skills and technologies
- Work effectively at different levels within project teams, client organizations and sales
- Refine and follow Business Process Maps and/or User Cases for configuration of execution workflows
- Develop and improve processes, procedures and tools used in the execution of projects
- Work with customers to develop project methodologies that will enhance their standards
- Act as a liaison between the internal project team, internal management, and customer project teams and management
- Understand the project scope and financials, and participate in the framing and quoting of projects to ensure successful project execution
- Plan and organize the work of a project team, develop the implementation strategies for projects, act as a mentor for individuals within the group, and resolve issues within project teams
- Identify change orders and justify changes to Project Management; resolve issues and establish priorities between projects
- Start-up complex systems at customers’ plants
- Proactively develop customer relationships; anticipate and provide solutions to customer needs giving high priority to customer satisfaction
Relocation benefits may be available for this position.
- BS degree with minimum of 10+ years overall experience, with minimum of 10+ years MES project experience, and at least 5 years experience working on MES projects in the Pharma industry
- Deployment experience with plant floor/Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) solutions (e.g. Syncade, Rockwell ProPack Data, Werum PAS-X)
- Experience with the compliance of the systems and batch record and data integrity
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and employees at different levels of the organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Must have the demonstrated ability to work in a team environment as both a leader and an individual contributor
- Ability to quickly establish good working relationships with others from all levels
- Ability to travel for extended periods of time to project locations for up to 6 to 8 weeks (sometimes several months) with the ability to return home every two weeks
- Experience working with customers to create user requirements for MES in the pharma industry.
- Experience developing user requirements and Functional Specification documents for MES projects.
- ERP or Quality Systems integration a plus.
- Knowledgeable in FDA validation requirements preferred, including: User Requirement and Design Specs, Business Process Procedures, Design Reviews, Requirements gathering,
- Experience with regulatory/compliance documentation and procedures is a plus
- Experience with .NET technologies preferred
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is a position for which sponsorship may be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, may be eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by calling 1-314-553-2544 (V/TTY/TDD) or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.