Sr. Graphic Designer
at Webster Bank
Posted in Banking 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by CareerBuilder
Location: waterbury, Connecticut
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.Senior Graphic Designer
Are you a positive team player, visual problem solver, passionate about latest graphic design trends and digital solutions? Do you like brainstorming and working in a collaborative environment with other graphic designers and copywriters?
Webster Creative Services team is seeking a seasoned Sr. Graphic Designer to partner with our internal brand leaders to understand our brand positioning and tone to successfully deliver creative solutions for both digital and print marketing campaigns. The Sr. Graphic Designer will report to the VP of Creative Services and be a core member of the brand team, serving as a brand ambassador for Webster.
The ideal candidate will strive to ensure the success of the creative services team by being an innovative \"out-of-the-box\" thinker and problem solver with a flexible disposition. You must enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment, be detail oriented, always looking to perfect and push your designs to the next level and be deadline focused.
Our creative team plays a strategic role in growing the Webster brand providing internal graphic design solutions to our business lines, corporate departments and internal clients. We partner with the marketing and digital teams to help in the strategic development of marketing initiatives tailored to reach Webster's identified target market.Key role responsibilities:
Skills & Education Required:
- Responsible for designing creative materials across our integrated platform, researching and selecting stock photography to support the digital, multi-channel and marketing team initiatives. Projects examples include: infographics, newsletters, website graphics, corporate presentations, print ads, social media ads, banking center merchandising materials and direct mail campaigns.
- Use best practices and data insights to provide innovative and responsive design solutions from concept to completion, demonstrating strong typography skills and the application of graphic and digital design principles.
- Ensure all art/design is developed within the Webster brand standards and portrays the brand in an effective manner, serving as a brand expert to grow the company's presence within the organization as well as external communications.
- Work closely with our copywriter, graphic designers and marketing managers to execute projects efficiently and have the ability to transition easily between multiple projects and manage your time appropriately to meet deadlines.
- Manage and schedule print production requests, invoicing and cultivate relationship with various print vendors.
Interested in this opportunity to join Webster Bank as a senior member of our creative team and excited about bringing a strong brand to life?
- Must have8-10 yearsexperience in a graphic design role working with a creative team in a corporate or agency environment.
- Experience working on a digital team with a social media manager is ideal.
- Advanced /Expert level in Adobe CreativeSuite (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign). Microsoft Office programs, including PowerPoint
- Bachelor's degree required, with a major in graphic or digital design
- On-line portfolio required with a balanced selection of digital and print samples
(link to online portfolio or pdf)
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.